Protools 7.4 (Nextlevel!)

PonyPony 2,283 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
This "elastic" feature is GREAT news for Protools users, check it out...http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?lang...ef=74upgrade-us

Comments

• asking for a password, creat profile....whats up with the elastic update??

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    can't wait for the dvd to come in the mail!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    updated earlier in the week and just woke up from a nap with the intent to fuck around with this a bit. yeeeeeeeee

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    asking for a password, creat profile....whats up with the elastic update??

Basically it makes re-editing/remixing DUMB fast and about 1000 x easier.

Think Ableton, but doesn't sound like complete shat.

About to install right now, too bad my computer is plagued with viruses and spymare and runs slow as fuck.

Still...

• This really is awesome. So if I were to upgrade to this from like 6.7 or whatever I have... do I get the plug ins that come with the newer packages?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    if i remember from when this installed, it contained all the plug-ins when i installed and updated the ones i didn't have already. if it doesn't you can just download them from the digidesign site anyway

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Oh MY FUCK!

This is so amazing, holy shit. I've been waiting a long ass time for digidesign to make something like this.

• i'm jealous. I run a really old version of pro tools on a g4 and can't even imagine how an upgrade would be possible. I have a digi001, so it's not going to happen. Oh well, back to the primitive version.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Pony, convince me why I should go with Protools here instead of Ableton. Do the time-stretching algorithms with Live really sound like shit? I've only played around with stock sounds on it.

• Is there an upgrade price on this? Anybody use it on a G4? Is the upgrade a download or do you have to order the DVD?

Looks baddass and I want it now.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    It cost $70 to upgrade from PT 6.0, well worth it!

• Cool. I just did it and the upgrade price was only $49 from 7.3. Stidoked.

Unfortunately I can't fire it up till later. I tore apart my whole studio to dust and rewire.

• For those frustrated with the password/profile bs (they, apparently, believe I am lying about my date of birth and will not let me proceed) here is another video with some cornball demonstrating elastic time:

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Is it really as bad ass as it sounds?

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I got the upgrade for free.
    It looks amazing!!

• Pony, convince me why I should go with Protools here instead of Ableton. Do the time-stretching algorithms with Live really sound like shit? I've only played around with stock sounds on it.

Albeton sounds like shit...