New Brooklyn Radio Mix: Cosmo Baker "Discoverload"

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Brand New Rub Radio Edition courtesy of our good friends at BrooklynRadio.net.This week's mix: Cosmo Baker "Discoverload" 1. The Eleventh Hour ???Hollywood Hot??? 2. Edwin Birdsong ???Rapper Dapper Snapper??? 3. The Love Unlimited Orchestra ???I Wanna Stay??? 4. Mary Clark ???Take Me I???m Yours??? 5. The Fatback Band ???The Bus Stop??? 6. Jeanne Schaffer ???It???s Never Too Late??? 7. Rose Royce ??? Do Your Dance??? 8. Golden Flamingo Orchestra ???Guardian Angel??? 9. Sylvia Striplin ???Give Me Your Love??? 10. Taana Gardner ???No Frills??? 11. The People???s Choice ???Do It Any Way You Want To??? 12. Sharon Redd ???Can You Handle It??? (Fran??ois K Remix) 13. Billy Frasier & Friends ???Billy Who??? 14. First Choice ???Love Thing??? 15. Life ???Caught Up??? 16. Tom Tom Club ???Elephant??? 17. Master Jay & Michael Dee ???T.S.O.B. (Are You Ready)??? 18. Brenda & The Tabulations ???Let???s Go All The Way Down??? 19. Salsoul Orchestra ???Chicago Bus Stop??? 20. Jeanette ???Lady??? Day ???Come Let Me Love You??? 21. T Connection ???Do What You Wanna Do??? 22. Sugar Hill Gang ???Hot Summer Day??? 23. The Vincent Montana Orchestra ???Heavy Vibes??? 24. The Imperials ???Can You Imagine??? 25. Arthur Prysock ???When Love Is New??? 26. Candido ???Dancin??? & Prancin?????? 27. Lucy Hawkins ???Gotta Get Out Of Here??? 28. C.J. & Company ???We Got Our Own Thing??? 29. Eastside Connection ???Phenomenon Theme??? 30. Nick Straker Band ???A Little Bit Of Jazz??? 31. Sharon Redd ???Beat The Street??? 32. Karen Young ???Hot Shots??? 33. M.F.S.B. ???K-Jee??? 34. Tata Vega ???Get It Up For Love??? 35. Double Exposure ???Ten Percent??? 36. Harvey Mason ???Groovin??? You??? 37. Sparkle ???Handsome Man??? 38. Vernon Burch ???Get Up??? 39. Bunny Mack ???Let Me Love You??? 40. TW Funkmasters ???Love Money??? 41. Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes ???Tell The World How I feel About ???Cha Baby???2 turntables is all I need.Direct download: http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/the-rub/~5/183230473/Discoverload.mp3

Comments

• Big ups on the the Tampa jump off - ish was

talk to ya in a bit!!!!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Really great, and rather random, to see you in Tampa. It was fun!

• true indeed and NevilleC was also in the building!!!!

we'll chop it up soon

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    HEAT!

• Really great, and rather random, to see you in Tampa. It was fun!

Thanks for the mix cosmo! I was just sitting here saying "I don't have any new music to run to today"... then saw this thread.

PS: last saturday wife & I had dinner & drinks with emily & sat (sp?) who lived with ayres years ago. odd connection, small world. So of course I was forced to say "I talk about records online with them sometimes."

• true indeed and NevilleC was also in the building!!!!

we'll chop it up soon

Yes, thanks all around. Nice to hang with cool folks in an unfamiliar (and kinda strange) venue. We played the Ayres N Titties CD on the way back to Jacksonville. Its my wife's new favorite. Holler the next time any of y'all come through DC.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Sweet mix! It's helping me deal with essays and shit.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    Im enjoying it right now
    thanks cosmo

• Im enjoying it right now
    thanks cosmo

• nice mix, i put that one on at work today

loved that "bitties in the BK Lounge" sample, nice mixing through the whole thing.

was one of those songs the sample source for "disco sizzurp" ???

• I love the Rub. I finally subscribed to the podcast(s).

Thanks.

• Good as always..thanks!

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Slammin' as always. I was hoping for something like this for the D*t**** gig, but I understand the hipsters didn't ask for that.

Keep it coming!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    YO COSMO!!! Just what I needed! Thank you very much!

Tho, you faded out right at the best part on Let Me Love You. Nothing beats that bassline hit on a loud system. Quality!!!

Also. Loved that you put T.S.O.B. on it. I remember us talking about it a few years back. I'm guessing you finally found a copy? Nice...