What the fuck is up with this? (Ebay related)

cardovacardova 743 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
So I put some 50 records up, wait them to finish and one day after the closing 2 of the auctions just disappear without a trace, just like that. The notifications say a bidders account has been compromised. I'd believe it once but twice is too much.This happen to anyone else?The results of the following listing(s) have been cancelled due to bidding activity that took place without the account owner's authorization:300166521718 THEMES: SOUND OF SOUL - RARE JAZZ FUNK SOUL LP- LISTEN!We have cancelled the listing(s) to maintain the integrity of the eBay site, your account, and the bidder???s account that was accessed. We are working to restore the bidding account to its rightful owner, and we are working with the account owner to prevent any additional unauthorized activity. Since the account owner did not initiate these bids, all fees resulting from the listings in question will be credited to your account within 7 days. If you do not see the credits posted to your account after 7 days, please feel free to contact us through ???Contact Us??? in our Help section.Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to automatically relist these items for you. Instead, to relist these items you will need to start from the beginning of the listing process, either through the "Sell Your Item" process or through your third party listing service. We know that this is an inconvenience and we apologize for the negative impact it may cause you. We are working on tools to allow you to relist your items without starting from the beginning, but they are not available at this time.Do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received. If there are issues that have not been addressed by this message, you can contact us by clicking the "Help" link located at the top of most eBay pages and selecting "Contact Us" from the menu on the left hand side of the page.We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.Regards,eBay Trust & Safety----------------------------------------------------------------------The results of the following listing(s) have been cancelled due to bidding activity that took place without the account owner's authorization:300167168334 CHUCK MANGIONE: LAND OF MAKE BELIEVE 12" LOFT MANCUSOWe have cancelled the listing(s) to maintain the integrity of the eBay site, your account, and the bidder???s account that was accessed. We are working to restore the bidding account to its rightful owner, and we are working with the account owner to prevent any additional unauthorized activity. Since the account owner did not initiate these bids, all fees resulting from the listings in question will be credited to your account within 7 days. If you do not see the credits posted to your account after 7 days, please feel free to contact us through ???Contact Us??? in our Help section.Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to automatically relist these items for you. Instead, to relist these items you will need to start from the beginning of the listing process, either through the "Sell Your Item" process or through your third party listing service. We know that this is an inconvenience and we apologize for the negative impact it may cause you. We are working on tools to allow you to relist your items without starting from the beginning, but they are not available at this time.Do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received. If there are issues that have not been addressed by this message, you can contact us by clicking the "Help" link located at the top of most eBay pages and selecting "Contact Us" from the menu on the left hand side of the page.We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.Regards,eBay Trust & Safety

Comments

• this seems to be a common occurance now

• This just happened to famous record dealers "Aleit" and "Rockadelic".

Ebay really needs to get its shit in order, this is fucked.

• I'd like to add that ALL, I mean ALL info about these items is gone. I can't see the bidder list, I can't even contact the persons who sent messages about these items.

• In fact too common to be a coincidence. I believe 3 other strutters with items ending at a high price have had the same thing happen. I think it's a way to bid really high, and if it ends higher than your willing to pay, just tell ebay your account was hacked and you get off scott free. Which is a major

• Here's the thing. Crooks have realized that ebay accounts are really easy to hack and paypal has the "unconfirmed address" loophole. So accounts are getting hacked left and right. Ebay and Paypal, in their haste to cover their asses, are deleting entire listings, freezing payment amounts, and suspending accounts while they sort it all out.

I have been fighting a chargeback for months from a guy who (allegedly) hacked an ebay account, used a different paypal/credit card account to pay for the merchandise, had it shipped to an unconfirmed address, and then collected the yaper when he filed the dispute with paypal.

• shit is fucked up.

this was my first time selling on ebay since 1993 or so, i don't think i'll be going back anytime soon.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    shit is fucked up.

this was my first time selling on ebay since 1993 or so, i don't think i'll be going back anytime soon.

sucks, you had major heat for sale too.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    That's ridiculous.

When is the eBay alternative going to arise, God? When?

IMG SRC=http://www.marketmaxgroup.com/images/pray_z3a9.jpg>
    http://eh.robis.net/uploads/JID44_We pray - web.jpg>

We apologize for I>don't give a flying f**k about/I> any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

• shit is fucked up.

i just paid them $381 in ending fees alone. $150 starting fees on top of that.

• shit is fucked up.

i just paid them $381 in ending fees alone. $150 starting fees on top of that.

THEY STILL CHARGE YOU EVEN THOUGH THEY TOOK THE AUCTION DOWN??!?!?!?!?
    Now thats fucked.

• no i don't think so. $381 for the rest.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Happened to me yesterday and I spoke to a friend last night who had this happen last week.

he is a "Gold Power Seller" which means he gets to call and talk to ahuman at ebay 24/7

basically they told him....you're shit outta luck.

This shit seems to be the new craze...they better get a handle on it....ASAP.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    shit is fucked up.

feeling this sentiment. Ebay should only be used as a last resort and/or to get rid of stuff thats been sitting there unsold for a long period of time. Too much funny business going on... plus top dollar stuff is always prone to flop.

My last Ebay auction featured some serious douche bag deadbeat bidding by one of Soulstruts own.

• My last Ebay auction featured some serious douche bag deadbeat bidding by one of Soulstruts own.

Put him on blast!!!

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

this was my first time selling on ebay since 1993

• oops i meant 2003.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

My last Ebay auction featured some serious douche bag deadbeat bidding by one of Soulstruts own.

Put him on blast!!!

You've got to do this for the, uh, good of the community.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    no i don't think so. $381 for the rest.

You shouldn't have to pay them anything. What the hell is that?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

It's not free to sell on eBay.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Right.

But if the auction doesn't even come to term, then technically eBay could just randomly cancel auctions and rake in the cash.

I owe you some money, don't I?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Right.

But if the auction doesn't even come to term, then technically eBay could just randomly cancel auctions and rake in the cash.

Right, but you quoted where he said they DIDN'T charge him
    for the aborted auction, just for the ones that were completed
    successfully. So it appeared you were shocked that he had to pay
    fees for any of his auctions in general.

• shit is fucked up.

feeling this sentiment. Ebay should only be used as a last resort and/or to get rid of stuff thats been sitting there unsold for a long period of time. Too much funny business going on... plus top dollar stuff is always prone to flop.

so who is the deadbeat bidder on soulstrut???

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Right.

Right, but you quoted where he said they DIDN'T charge him
    for the aborted auction, just for the ones that were completed
    successfully. So it appeared you were shocked that he had to pay
    fees for any of his auctions in general.

Oh. Then I misread that. I thought that they charged him the ending fees for the auctions that they shut down, as opposed for the ones that only closed successfully (it really wasn't clear to me).

• This happened to me a few months ago. I wasn't even selling, just buying....
    Someone hacked my account, changed my password, and started selling deckchairs!!

Some yatchrock fan!

• what i want to know is whats up with these clowns who sign up and start bidding on stuff with zeros feedback then dont pay?

im starting to think its someone trying to sabotage my listings(items no one else is even selling)

i have been letting my auctions end in the afternoons now when im around to retract & block these people. tired of it!

• After selling on Ebay for awhile now without any major problems, suddenly I've had 4 auctions go bad within 3 weeks, all for different reasons.

One incident involves a $400 record which the guy said never got there. He filed a paypal dispute. I fucked up and didn't send it registered. My only beef is that since winning the record he has been kicked off of ebay and had his paypal account suspended AND they still sided with him yesterday and took the four bills out of my account. Do they ever side with the seller? FUCK!

Another guy won a $250+ 12" off me and then sends me the discog URL for the UK re-issue a couple days later and says mine is a bootleg and he's not paying. I explain to him that lots of re-issues have the same labels and how its impossible that a re-issue from 2004 got into the collection of a guy who hadn't bought records for over 20 years and worked for the label the record was on. No reply from him. At least he didn't get the record but I would have loved to sell it for that price.

What the hell is going on?

MCF

• Another guy won a $250+ 12" off me and then sends me the discog URL for the UK re-issue a couple days later and says mine is a bootleg and he's not paying. I explain to him that lots of re-issues have the same labels and how its impossible that a re-issue from 2004 got into the collection of a guy who hadn't bought records for over 20 years and worked for the label the record was on. No reply from him. At least he didn't get the record but I would have loved to sell it for that price.

Oh boy, this sounds familiar... you might want to ask world-famous record dealer "Aleit" about it, I think he's had some dealings with this guy. Also I believe he won an auction or two from Big City and pulled the same shit. I WILL NOT PAY FOR THIS REISSUE. What the fuck!