›

Price and Info check please:)

ageage 1,131 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
This lp below,"Willie and The Bumblebees(feat.Spider John Koener):Music is just a bunch of notes."Pretty cool lp, bit on the folk side but some pretty solid rock/soul-ish influences.Hand stamped and on the Sweet Jane LTD label out of Minnesota.I have a couple of 45's by these cats and this is an earlier release('72)than the ones I have and allot different.Any info about this lp?(history or price wise?!?!?)Thanks folks:)Peace,Adrian

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Haha I bet you found that at Logos while we were all at the record sale or something :P

Thanks for the records and for making it out to the sale. I'm listening to that "On Any Soundtrack" right now, it's great. I'll post finds as soon as Ferrari posts his one facemelting $5 find.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    It was at the swap before the folks and I left:)
    Only 2 bucks:)!!
    Nice to finally put a face to the text homie and also hope to chill one of these day boss!!

Till then, take it steady and hope to hear more about info about this lp and whatnot!!

Peace
    Adrian

• This lp below,

"Willie and The Bumblebees(feat.Spider John Koener):Music is just a bunch of notes."

Pretty cool lp, bit on the folk side but some pretty solid rock/soul-ish influences.
    Hand stamped and on the Sweet Jane LTD label out of Minnesota.

Think it usually goes in the $20 range, but privates are hot right now so who knows. There's one for sale on ebay right now so you can watch that. I think it says in the ridiculously detailed liner notes that they pressed 1000 copies. I like it but I never actually listen to the record because of the annoying interludes between songs. But the actual songs are on my ipod and I like them alot. Willie & The Bumblebees reminds me of The Band a lot on this one.

• pretty sure sweet jane was run by dave ray, only a couple lp's and 45's were released on the label, 1,000 of these were pressed, alot of them have custom drawn covers, they all came with 3 pages of notes detailing the recording and pressing of the records, if you were to sell it on ebay i'd say you'd get about $20-$30 for it