Cotto vs Mosley

Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Who you got? youth vs experienceI say Cotto, but if it goes the length Mosley will take the decision.

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Cotto

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I got "Sugar" Shane Mosley. As Muhammad Ali said so well, "I don't worry about hittin' power 'cause I don't give 'em nothin' to hit!" Speed, skill, and experience usually trumps youth and power (ask Big George Foreman about that back in Zaire in 1974). Sugar Shane by 12-round unanimous decision (most likely) or late round-KO (possible, but very unlikely).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• i'd rather see

vs.

the pretty boy bout of the century!

• Hey,

I got "Sugar" Shane Mosley. As Muhammad Ali said so well, "I don't worry about hittin' power 'cause I don't give 'em nothin' to hit!" Speed, skill, and experience usually trumps youth and power (ask Big George Foreman about that back in Zaire in 1974). Sugar Shane by 12-round unanimous decision (most likely) or late round-KO (possible, but very unlikely).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I hear you Stacks, and that's what I'm thinking. If it goes the distance Cotto will be outboxed. But he does have a nasty left and could cold clock Sugar Shane. So yeah, either Cotto by KO or TKO, or Shane in a decision. Should be a good fight.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    cotto is a bum
    as a fellow boricua, i guess im supposed to go for this cat but who the hell has he fought? zab judah???? zab kinda got in that ass as well
    my pick is sugar shane

• I thought this was about...

I'm gonna go with Mosley as well.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I hear you Stacks, and that's what I'm thinking. If it goes the distance Cotto will be outboxed. But he does have a nasty left and could cold clock Sugar Shane. So yeah, either Cotto by KO or TKO, or Shane in a decision. Should be a good fight.

Hey Garcia Vega,

Don't sleep on Mosley's power at welterweight, since he did knock out Fernando Vargas's punk-ass at junior middleweight (for what that's worth). If Mosley works Cotto during the early part of the fight, by fighting at a fast pace, maybe he can tire, breakdown, and knock out Cotto late. Cotto walks around looking heavy which, to me, could be a weakness exploited through a calculated body attack and lateral movement. Plus, Cotto is a walk-straight-in plodder type which is a style tailored-made for a quick-footed, boxer-puncher type like Mosley (remember Wright vs. Trinidad or Mayweather vs. Baldomir?). It should be a great fight whatever the outcome. That Calzaghe/Kessler fight on HBO last week was very entertaining as was the Marquez/Juarez joint on Showtime (but less so, however).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    I thought this was a typo and it was Yaphet KOTTO vs Roger E Mosley.

• Mosley

• this fight was really good and got my hyped on boxing again. i was pulling for mosley cause i have a soft spot for veterans but oh well.

now, i'm excited for mayweather vs hatton