Cool as Ice (should I Netflix it?)

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
I just saw this gif and it reminded me how funny I thought this movie was. I only saw it once and it was about 15 years ago. All I really remember is a very funny conversation between the dad from family ties and robert van winkle.the jump over the fence without a ramp is pretty awesome. It reminds me of Christian Slater's resevoir jump from Gleaming The Cube.

Comments

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I don't see it on Netflix.

• Never released on DVD. How sad.

Another criminally slept on film that never received a DVD release (but was actually good).

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Hell yes!!!! that movie was all kinds of awesome!!!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    All I really remember is a very funny conversation between the dad from family ties and robert van winkle.

I saw this on TV (I think VH1) several years ago. Or at least some of it. I remember the dad from Family Ties, the hilarious "let's turn this here barn-dancin' hoedown into a rippity-rappity hip-hops party!" scene, and the fact that Deezer D is in it, proving that it is possible to parlay work on CB4 and Fear of a Black Hat into more "lucrative" fare. Where you at, Deezer?

• Never released on DVD. How sad.

Another criminally slept on film that never received a DVD release (but was actually good).

• I didn't even check if it was available yet. I wonder if it's not on dvd because they think there's no market for it or if someone is withholding the rights out of embarassment.

Gleaming The Cube is also not available on dvd, which is a shame. When I worked at Amoeba it was about $50 for the vhs.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Cool As Ice : Criterion Edition 2 DVD Set

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Gleaming The Cube is also not available on dvd, which is a shame. When I worked at Amoeba it was about $50 for the vhs.

I saw that there to in the raer hanging section, and said what the fuc!

And this was there to for some reason:

Has this not been made into a t-shirt yet?

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    Never released on DVD. How sad.

Even colder:

Waited for this to come out on DVD for-eva - now released.
    That def-con 4 looks good too.

Saw Sleepaway Camp with friends for movie night around halloween.
    Holy

That was a good bad movie.

• pppppppp 261 Posts
    WOW, YES.

The greatest (unintentional) comedy film of all time.

• RENT that shit purely for fashion tips.YUP YUP!