Demon Fuzz Question

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Do they have any other recorded material aside from their self-titled LP? There were some nice bonus tracks on the reissue, so I thought there might be some other recently-unearthed material? Or did they have a second LP that I don't know about?

Comments

• never heard it, but ive seen pictures of the second LP

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Well their well known LP is called Afreaka, it's not self titled, and yes there is another much rarer album that they released. A few dudes on here have it if I'm not mistaken.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    AWWWWW...

I thought this was going to be about my blog.

http://demonfuzz.blogspot.com/

Oh well.

Demon fuzz's second album is called, "Roots And Offshoots"

Demon Fuzz members are:

S. Adams – Vocals
    R. Rhoden – Organ, Piano
    W. Joseph – Guitar
    S. John – Drums
    C. Crosdale - Trombone
    J. Joseph – Bass
    P. Corea – Sax, Congas and Flute

I think they also had an EP, right?

- spidey

• whats it sound like?

• and what sup with the mask?
    sex or robbery related?

• Well their well known LP is called Afreaka, it's not self titled, and yes there is another much rarer album that they released. A few dudes on here have it if I'm not mistaken.
    Right, my fault. Anyone know the story behind this second LP of theirs? I'd LOVE to hear it in one form or another...

• adlibadlib 27 Posts
    "Hello Gillaume
    yes we toured with every body in those days. We toured with Moody Blues, Yes, Ginger Baker, Mungo Jerry, Coloseum, Who, and lots of others. There is a hard core of Afro-Rock followers in UK and a few other places in the world. I get mail from germany, phillipines, England, France and a few right here in the USA. I think Demon Fuzz stands well in the 35 years since we made our music. check out canouanmusic.blogspot.com or demonfuzz-paddycorea.blogspot.com fro more info. thanks bye
    paddy corea"

"I read Demon Fuzz toured with Traffic and Ginger Baker's Air Force on may 1970 at the Hollywood Festival. Beside Demon Fuzz is more contemporary with Ginger Baker's Air Force than with Osibisa.

But do you think this playlist (below) revealing what happens in UK with the rise up of afro rock bands? Let me know your suggestion.

thank you

playlist for afro rock special show :

1. Electric Flag 'Another Country' A Long Time Comin'
    2. Ginger Baker's Air Force 'Aiko Biaye' Ginger Baker's Air Force (Lemon)
    3. Osibisa 'Ayiko Bia' Osibisa (Decca)
    4. Assagai 'Irin Ajolawa' Assagai (Vertigo)
    5. Assagai 'Telephone Girl' Assagai (Vertigo)
    6. Jade Warrior 'Telephone Girl' Jade Warrior (Vertigo)
    7. Third World (Kabaka/Amao/Winwood) 'Irin Ajo' Aiye-Keta (Island)
    8. Ginger Baker's Air Force 'We Free Kings' Ginger Baker's Air Force 2 (Atco)
    9. Demon Fuzz 'Another Country' Afreaka! "

Thanks to
    merci ??

Jacques Cheynier (Campus Lille/Vinyl Junkies),
    Philippe Thieyre (Rock 'n' Folk magazine)
    & Paddy Corea (ex-Demon Fuzz)

Check this : The Roots of Aiko

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Do they have any other recorded material aside from their self-titled LP? There were some nice bonus tracks on the reissue, so I thought there might be some other recently-unearthed material? Or did they have a second LP that I don't know about?

There's a 45 with two tracks not on the LP, that's all I know. "I put a spell on you" and "Message to mankind".

Great band.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I believe that the Dawn label compilation has one or two Demon Fuzz songs that have not been on the LP. It is very cheap and can be found easily on eBay.co.uk
    I'm not 100% sure though.

• Do they have any other recorded material aside from their self-titled LP? There were some nice bonus tracks on the reissue, so I thought there might be some other recently-unearthed material? Or did they have a second LP that I don't know about?

There's a 45 with two tracks not on the LP, that's all I know. "I put a spell on you" and "Message to mankind".

Great band.

actually...it has 3 tracks...and also a pic sleeve...the 3rd track is dope too...and it's called "Fuzz Oriental Blues"...love that ep...fits in well with the rest of the album....