al green and the roots

crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
so today is the third and final day of the al green sessions at my studio. so far we have been overdubbing the dap-kings horns and kanye's bass player Adam Blackstone onto pre-recorded tracks...al green won't been coming thru. but today we are doing a live cover version of Gnarls Barkley "Crazy" with Sharon Jones singing...dap-kings bass and horns...questlove on drums and James Poysner of Soulquarians on hammond...everythings set up...sounds great...let's roll!!!

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    James Poyser

• so today is the third and final day of the al green sessions at my studio. so far we have been overdubbing the dap-kings horns and kanye's bass player Adam Blackstone onto pre-recorded tracks...al green won't been coming thru.

but today we are doing a live cover version of Gnarls Barkley "Crazy" with Sharon Jones singing...dap-kings bass and horns...questlove on drums and James Poysner of Soulquarians on hammond...everythings set up...sounds great...let's roll!!!

Is this for a new Al Green release?

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    didn't know this was happening. have you heard any of al's vocals yet -- and if so, how's his voice holding up? Saw some live clips a few years back on which it sounded pretty shot, yet from what I've heard of the last few albums he can still bring it in the studio.

• his voice is still there but most of what they have recorded are scratch tracks written in the studio on the fly...pretty funny outtakes on there too

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Sneak us out some Demos!!! We won't tell.

- spidey

• sharon jones is KILLING IT

it's a slowed down 6/8 version...smoking

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Dude...

Pictures.