Stax 50th Anniversary Showcase

billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
I won tickets to the Stax 50th Anniversary Showcase in Austin tonight. It is featuring Booker T and the MGs, Eddie Floyd, and William Bell. I'm looking forward to it because I've never seen any of them live. They played during SXSW but I didn't have a badge. Is this a tour they are on? If so, how have the shows been?

Comments

• I won tickets to the Stax 50th Anniversary Showcase in Austin tonight. It is featuring Booker T and the MGs, Eddie Floyd, and William Bell. I'm looking forward to it because I've never seen any of them live. They played during SXSW but I didn't have a badge. Is this a tour they are on? If so, how have the shows been?

I didn't see them on the tour, but when I was in Memphis last year, Booker T. & the MG's and William Bell were still sounding good when I saw them live.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    Who's drumming for the MGs now?

• Who's drumming for the MGs now?

I don't remember...I don't think it was Willie Hall or Anton Fig, however...

• Who's drumming for the MGs now?

I don't remember...I don't think it was Willie Hall or Anton Fig, however...

Anton played a gig recently with them...Willie Hall unfortunately needs a full time handler...he was recently outed from the Bo-Keys (band with Skip Pitts and Ben Cauley) for his usual stuff, being ridiculously unreliable and not being sober very often...

• Willie Hall unfortunately needs a full time handler...he was recently outed from the Bo-Keys (band with Skip Pitts and Ben Cauley) for his usual stuff, being ridiculously unreliable and not being sober very often...

Ah, yes, Willie Hall...

"Hey, fellas!

How y'all doin'?

What you been up to?

WHERE'S THE MONEY YOU OWE US, MUTHAFUCKA[/b]"

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I won tickets to the Stax 50th Anniversary Showcase in Austin tonight. It is featuring Booker T and the MGs, Eddie Floyd, and William Bell. I'm looking forward to it because I've never seen any of them live. They played during SXSW but I didn't have a badge. Is this a tour they are on? If so, how have the shows been?

How was the show?

Or did I miss another thread about it?