do saved ebay searches...?

buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
any one know if they keep track of international auctions too?

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Not 100% sure. I had mine saved in the US ebay, and it missed an item on the UK ebay. It went fo so unbelievably cheap too. I couldn't believe it slipped through my fingers. We're talking about $200 for a record that goes for 4 figures.

Thanks for reminding me about that!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Don't you actually need to have a whole other account to do anything on the various foreign eBays?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Don't you actually need to have a whole other account to do anything on the various foreign eBays?

No.

Really? So I can bid on eBay.UK or Canada stuff? How?

It should just ask you to sign in. I was on eBay.uk
    today and searched completed items, and it made me sign
    in just like regular eBay. It had my username already in the
    box and just needed my password, same as always.

OK, I'm officially an idiot.

OK, I'm officially an idiot.

• sbonesbone 144 Posts
    ok
    so how do you search for items in poland or ....
    when i do searchers i sually just get us,uk or canada..
    how can i expand my searchers.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Ok, I think what you do is, go to the base site, like ebay.co.uk (for the UK, I dunno what poland is) or for Australia it's ebay.com.au and then once you sign in there you can search for stuff as well as store saved searches in that strata of ebay. I dunno why it all isn't universal, but this is how I do it. The Uk one certainly seem to be wholly separate from the US version since I never see listings cross over in the same view, if you know what I mean.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I have had saved searches pop up records from other countries many times in the past. The only thing you're missing is the auctions where the seller forgot to check the box that says he'll ship to the United States.

However, saved search notifications come days late for me, repeat themselves, and do all kinds of screwy things, so I don't trust them 100 percent. I think the best way to go is probably eBay RSS, which I've been too lazy to setup so far.

I have had saved searches pop up records from other countries many times in the past. The only thing you're missing is the auctions where the seller forgot to check the box that says he'll ship to the United States.

Yeah, but aren't these just international sellers on US eBay? I've never had a saved search bring up eBay.UK auctions... but I'm also the guy who didn't realise I could even bid on eBay.UK 'till last night.

It's so thrilling to be able to watch my auction in GBP's... now I can feel like a smug euro dude.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Yeah, but aren't these just international sellers on US eBay?

Yes, which explains why the few times I've used eBay UK I've gotten way better deals than I would have thought.

Goddamnit I hate eBay. Where are our anti-trust laws to prevent monopolies like this and stimulate competition?