easily passed on 45s that are rare as HELL thread

kalakala 3,361 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
on this joint I would be like ohnever heard of it,most likely sucks like galleryNOT!!!!http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=320134610951

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    There's gotta be a story to that one.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    the b side sounds ok..
    5700$ is crazy.

• I would pass on it too, it sounds very

But I guess that's why I'll never make money out of records, I just but what I like.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    northern soul guys have been after this forever - seems like it may have been recalled immediately after release or something.

pretty bland sounding record if you ask me

• they have this at the goodwill down the street.

They also have this olivia newton jon 45 which i passed up cause i had no idea about it. Seems to go for loot according to popsike.

• If that seller had brought that record to Manship he probably could have gotten a bit more for it. Apparently the number of clean copies of that record can be counted on one hand.

• If that seller had brought that record to Manship he probably could have gotten a bit more for it. Apparently the number of clean copies of that record can be counted on one hand.

human hand?

• on this joint I would be like
    oh
    never heard of it,most likely sucks like gallery
    NOT!!!!
    http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=320134610951

Shit, I'd probably buy it - cheap - just because[/b] it was on Sussex. Buy now, ask questions later. For every one Gallery, they had a Sharon Ridley or a Rodriguez or a Bill Withers to make up for it.

• on this joint I would be like
    oh
    never heard of it,most likely sucks like gallery
    NOT!!!!
    http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=320134610951

Shit, I'd probably buy it - cheap - just because[/b] it was on Sussex. Buy now, ask questions later. For every one Gallery, they had a Sharon Ridley or a Rodriguez or a Bill Withers to make up for it.

they have some oddballs on the label...and not all of it is known...keep in mind they have some killer shit, that, for some reason, I don't seem to find ever really being talked about....

I remember trading with cut a long time ago...and giving him a dandelion wine for a local record I wanted...at the time I remember asking him why shadow hadn't sampled the instrumental version of nu people...without the talking...his answer "there's an instrumental version?" when I said it was on sussex...he was stunned. (I'm told that copy was the one which appeared on their second brainfreeze effort...)

I used to pass on shit all the time cuz of the label...now, I know that's a no no...and that billy woods is really rare...you don't need a human hand to know that!

human hand?

• most likely sucks like gallery

"I believe in music" is a certified joint. I don't know anything else by the group, perhaps this song is a fluke, but I love it.

human hand?

ha ha!

• most likely sucks like gallery

"I believe in music" is a certified joint. I don't know anything else by the group, perhaps this song is a fluke, but I love it.

I have a couple of Gallery singles and I kinda like 'em in a 1970's, K-Tel, soft rock guilty pleasure kinda way. Besides, I like the idea of a pop-rock band, with no country overtones, having a full-time pedal steel player!

Never liked "I Believe In Music," however...