Need Info on some Records

inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
A seller on Ebay (black-athena) recently sold some private goodies i have never seen before. i was outbid on the following lps.. maybe anyone on here can help me out with info, mp3, or even a trade?? thanks in advance. freddy cole seems like a wellknown one?

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Dunno those first two, but the audio direction album is some fusion stuff, not bad, not really good either. One of those direct to disc recording things.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    the Freddie Cole, I believe, is Nat King's brother. There was at least 2 albums put out by this dude, mostly lounge affair with some sample style "funky" moments on one or two tracks.

The_Mack is the one that hipped me to this dude, true story

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    the Freddie Cole, I believe, is Nat King's brother. There was at least 2 albums put out by this dude, mostly lounge affair with some sample style "funky" moments on one or two tracks.

calling to please rip his copy and make it available for other strutters.
    would love to hear some of it.

no one knows anything about that first record? i ve heard a sample of it on the sellers website and it sounded pretty cool.

• the Freddie Cole, I believe, is Nat King's brother. There was at least 2 albums put out by this dude, mostly lounge affair with some sample style "funky" moments on one or two tracks.

calling to please rip his copy and make it available for other strutters.
    would love to hear some of it.

no one knows anything about that first record? i ve heard a sample of it on the sellers website and it sounded pretty cool.

Yes, i confirm Freddie Cole is well the brother of the legendary Nat...
    He recorded a few nice albums but the LP you are talking about here is his most interesting, mainly for the beautiful tune "Brother were are you" which is amoung the best vocal soul jazz tunes ever recorded... It is also the rarest of his albums, and in (bigger) demand since it has been reissued on Jazzman 45, around 7 years ago.

Concerning this "All we have" lp, I never heard about it.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Audio Directors is probably like a $20 piece. i've seen it for $20...bought it for $6...couldnt get rid of it for trade in sooooo

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    Audio Directors is probably like a $20 piece. i've seen it for $20...bought it for $6...couldnt get rid of it for trade in sooooo

yeah, it went for 32$.. didnt want to pay more than 20.
    there was only a short soundclip which didnt sound that bad..

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

Freddie is a good dude apparently. Watch out for an Xmas Bacardi ad coming out soon with him singing on.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

yeah, it went for 32$.. didnt want to pay more than 20.
    there was only a short soundclip which didnt sound that bad..

You can buy my copy for $20 if you want it! Seriously!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    this is the freddie cole record i have.

it has a bomb cover of "Tristesa" and a nice cover of "Michelle". nothin to write home about, and not worth much