Tampa Bay Record Show - Nov. 10

DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
I'm gonna be in Florida this week and am going hit the Tampa Bay Record Show next Saturday. Has anyone on here been before? My wife and I will be there on Friday night if anyone wants to grab a beer somewhere. Would also love a good Cuban restaurant recommendation.Nov 10 FL, Tampa. Tampa Bay Record & CD Show. Holiday Inn Express, 4732 N. Dale Mabry Hwy. Tables $50.00. Adm: $3, SH: 10am - 4pm. Info (727)-251-9458

Comments

• reskresk 391 Posts
    havent been to one in a couple years, seemed more rock oriented compared to the orlando/ft lauderdale shows. I remeber the same dealers that would sell in orlando would hold all their soul stuff (mostly what i was buying at the time) for the orlando show.

anyways, i probably have a couple dealers phone numbers somewhere in case you wanna call ahead of time.

as far as cuban spots, your not too far from columbus (this is the name of the street), a couple spots on the way there heading in the east direction from dale mabry. also theres a couple spots off armenia, but again i dont really know any particular names. Not that fond of "la teresita" on columbus though (http://cuban-food-usa.com/tampa_teresita.html) but i guess living in miami for so long, well i have high expectations. But either way i know a lot of people who do like it.

carlos

• chasechase 767 Posts
    I have never heard good things about the tampa show, I dont know if the miami dealers will make the trek, but they seem to be the ones with the heat... The last show I didnt make, but I heard it described as a good place to mint up on commons, and that was about it. But the shows have been spotty at best in the past. Now I think the orginizer is trying to make it a bi-yearly thing, so maybe it will attract some good dealers from the woodwork. I there are some big collectors around tampa.

Anyway, as far as cuban food, hands down Columiba in Ybor city, its the oldest Cuban Restaurant in town, opened in 1905. check there site. http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/ybor.asp

what part of tampa will you be in?

• what part of tampa will you be in?

We're staying at the Tahitian Inn, Caf?? and Spa - 601 S Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa, FL