Track of the Year (Moodymann Related)

inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nFr3Seeta6ssorry if this has already been discussed, but how good is this?? i need this record. lets pray he ll put it on the upcoming LP...

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    that, to me, was absolute garbage... from the awful silhouette of the female to the weird silhouette of him rapping on the mic... ugh! though flipping through i really enjoyed this:

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    that, to me, was absolute garbage... from the awful silhouette of the female to the weird silhouette of him rapping on the mic... ugh! though flipping through i really enjoyed this:

fuck the video, the track is straight bananas.

fuck the video, the track is straight bananas.

well... as long as you like thats whats important. bananas to some and poopoo to others. im sure others on the board will like it so you wont be the only one.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

fuck the video, the track is straight .

i agree. This might be a dumb question simply because I forgot, but who originally wrote this track? Me and a friend were going back and forth about this at my gig on Friday. He said some name i couldn't remember...

Moodyman? Prince???

again, my apologies for the silly question. I tried looking it up.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    freaky mf video is hot
    jinx do u like house music?? like green velvet chicago style house, weirdo acapellas and repetitive grooves, '7 ways to jack' and 'the preacher man' and shit like that?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    also, lol @ "you dont even like this song ... u just dig the hook"

freaky mf video is hot
    jinx do u like house music?? like green velvet chicago style house, weirdo acapellas and repetitive grooves, '7 ways to jack' and 'the preacher man' and shit like that?

oh is that what that was? house music. maybe some things i hear i like but that was pretty awful to my ears. ill stay off the thread now since i dont like this type of music. didnt realize it was house music.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=nFr3Seeta6s

sorry if this has already been discussed, but how good is this??

i need this record. lets pray he ll put it on the upcoming LP...

I think this will be on the upcoming lp. Who has the original 12" though? I only got an mp3 rip of it

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    freaky mf video is hot

oh is that what that was? house music. maybe some things i hear i like but that was pretty awful to my ears. ill stay off the thread now since i dont like this type of music. didnt realize it was house music.
    dont let the door hit your ass etc

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Big KDJ fan but I find Sexy MF too... thin.
    Amp F. yeah ! It's slamming live

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Yeah, this seems like filler, the time-to-get-a-drink track. I was waiting for it to kick in, not sure if it ever did. I guess songs like this are necessary for the long haul but definitely not something I'd listen to at home, even if I was having a house party.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Im so amped he's playin the sydney festival this january.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts

Yeah, this seems like filler, the time-to-get-a-drink track. I was waiting for it to kick in, not sure if it ever did. I guess songs like this are necessary for the long haul but definitely not something I'd listen to at home, even if I was having a house party.

it`s definatly something different from mr kenny dixon.. but the nasty bass, harmonies and his "i cant decide if i`m high on weed or coke" (probably both) voice on top.. straight

• LuminLumin 807 Posts

been diggin this one for a minute
    i dont even thinks thats on some house tip but its flavor though

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    what kind of music do u dudes think moodymann makes

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    not too big into this, but dude has dropped some classics, understatement to say the least. I saw him at a DEMF related show in 2001. On stage he had a brack girl w/ a big booty facing the crowd, yes her ass. The rest of her was covered in a white satin sheet, KDJ stood there talking slutty on the mic while moving the sheet around to hide/reveal her butt.

It was really weird, I still can't figure out what happened.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Pfffft.

You guys need to clean your ears out.

This shit is funky.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Frickin'

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    At least you gotta have appreciation for the construction of that loop. The stuttering percussion and bass combo is heavy. Hearing this at a club would be ice cold.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Frickin'

Deej, plaese to recommend more tracks in this vain (a small list of classics/essentials would be great!). I just recently got introduced to Green Velvet, and I'm feeling a lot of his stuff.

Deep grooves for days.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Pfffft.

You guys need to clean your ears out.

This shit is funky.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    shit is funky

YEZ

I hadn't seen this live video before, but I've heard the track before. I think he played it on his recent Worldwide appearance too. I didn't think it was out on vinyl. Sick track IMO.

You don't even like this song, you just dig the hook.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Frickin'

Deej, plaese to recommend more tracks in this vain (a small list of classics/essentials would be great!). I just recently got introduced to Green Velvet, and I'm feeling a lot of his stuff.

Deep grooves for days.

hm the kind of stuff it makes me think of is like Hercules' "7 Ways to Jack" and Lil Louis' "I Called U" ... Green Velvet's "La La Land" ... someone else could probably do a better list

Quite a while back, I was at a party in the south suburbs of Chicago where Green Velvet was performing, complete with his whole green afro and keystar routine or whatever, and he actually slipped off the stage and busted open his head right after his performance. He was taken to a nearby hospital and I think made it out OK. Fascinating story, I know.

I've always been more of a fan of his normal Cajmere gigs. The Green Velvet thing was just too gimmicky. That particular show was pretty awesome for reasons I probably shouldn't mention, and I remember being very :: for his track "Water Molecules." For a while, you'd hear that song "Answering Machine" at every single party. The same a few years later with "La La Land."

One track I might reccomend actually of Caj/GV's label, Cajual, is an early Derrick Carter production that builds its loops off of one line: "I ain't f^ck3d all week."

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    "Answering Machine"
    yeah this is hot

did u catch derrick carter and green velvet @ grant park last summer?

"Answering Machine"
    yeah this is hot

did u catch derrick carter and green velvet @ grant park last summer?

I am pretty sure I was there. I feel I must be getting old because all of those shows are starting to blend together. Maybe it was the free-flowing sangria, haha. I used to faithfully go to all the DJ Summerdance events, until they started moving them around. I only missed a few of those, including the infamous incident at Daley Plaza with all the "graffiti" and "gang violence" (I used quotes marks because it was overblown even if the kids were stupid anyway).

I remember maybe the last one at the Petrillo Band Shell when Derrick was just beating it, but it was a layout that wasn't very condusive to dancing. Still a good time.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I only missed a few of those, including the infamous incident at Daley Plaza with all the "graffiti" and "gang violence" (I used quotes marks because it was overblown even if the kids were stupid anyway).
    dude i was there, overblown is understating it. some kids got in a fight, it was barely the 'brawl' as advertised

OK, so I just downloaded the whole North Sea Jazz concert vid that this

and the freaky MF vid was taken from. That dude Paul Randolph (on bass+vox) is kinda . I must have been sleeping, but I never heard him before.

Questions:

1. Is the Randolph/KDJ track from the clip out on wax?
    2. I see he has at least one solo LP. Worth seeking out?

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    that lp is slaaaaaammin
    that track in the video is off of the lp
    "about last night" was a 12" off that album i believe.
    highly recommended

that lp is slaaaaaammin
    that track in the video is off of the lp
    "about last night" was a 12" off that album i believe.
    highly recommended

Nice, sounds like I have to cop with the quickness. I've been playing that track off the concert vid over and over this past week. Why haven't I heard more mentions of this guy?