David Holmes / Oceans Twleve (RR)

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
I found a Oceans Twelve promo sampler yesterday. Has some songs it claims aren't on the official Oceans Twelve soundtrack. Saddly, it doesn't contain the music from when dude breakdances through the laser beams (my favorite part). So does anyone know if that song can be had on vinyl anywhere? I found this too http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4742206341&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW but don't know if it contains said song.

Vincent Cassel (right) La Haine

Vincent Cassel, Oceans Twelve

Comments

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    I dunno about Ocean's Twelve but since this post is up I gotta add that David Holmes is definitely the bomb when it comes to records - mix sets and/or albums.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Vince Cassell is the motherfucking man.

I like his wife better though...

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    personally i think david holmes soundtrack productions all sound the same and falls into that slightly edgy yet safe kcrw stuff.

oh yeah, catherine zeta jones was fucking hot in that movie. actually, she's hot in every movie she's been in.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i think david holmes is pretty boring in all honesty.. i like the soundtracks to those movies but his own records are pretty naff. his only real claim to fame is for ditching the DFA dudes right before they got famous.. DOH!

there's a mix he did of primarily psych / library stuff.. while it has alot of nice jams on it, it also has the most IRRITATING mastering / EQ slapped all over the damn thing.. there's also some totally unneccessary echoees that trail over entire verses of songs and stuff.. really really irritating mix to try and listen to.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    I heard that Psychopab of Psychonauts was doing a remix/megamix of the new Oceans 12 soundtrack, that will be dope! has anyone heard it yet?

there's a mix he did of primarily psych / library stuff.. while it has alot of nice jams on it, it also has the most IRRITATING mastering / EQ slapped all over the damn thing.. there's also some totally unneccessary echoees that trail over entire verses of songs and stuff.. really really irritating mix to try and listen to.

I can understand why some wouldn't be feeling it.

I liked it for all those reasons though. Thats what set it out from all the other mixes, it gave it a unique kind of twist.

Roland RE-201's... Gotta dig em.

I heard that Psychopab of Psychonauts was doing a remix/megamix of the new Oceans 12 soundtrack, that will be dope! has anyone heard it yet?

No, but I've gotta cop that. Pab is a ledgend when it comes to megamixes.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I found a Oceans Twelve promo sampler yesterday. Has some songs it claims aren't on the official Oceans Twelve soundtrack. Saddly, it doesn't contain the music from when dude breakdances through the laser beams (my favorite part). So does anyone know if that song can be had on vinyl anywhere? I found this too http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4742206341&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW but don't know if it contains said song.

Vincent Cassel (right) La Haine

Vincent Cassel, Oceans Twelve

I asked about him a while back. Some suggested an other movie he did the soundtrack for. Better, less obtrusive soundtrack. I can't remember the name of the movie though. I knew right a way it was from an Elmore Leonard book.

I'm a fan of his soundtracks.

Dan

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

img src="image]

YO, you got this right?!:

[img]http://www.dustystylus.com/mymusic/electronica/psych/seraph.jpg" alt="" />

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts

I asked about him a while back. Some suggested an other movie he did the soundtrack for. Better, less obtrusive soundtrack. I can't remember the name of the movie though. I knew right a way it was from an Elmore Leonard book.

I'm a fan of his soundtracks.

Dan

this is the movie you are talkin abt

surely his best (and funkier !!!) soundtrack....

also the movie is not bad.....

mmhhh..... and this is image

always remembers me this other

img src="image]

YO, you got this right?!:

[img]http://www.dustystylus.com/mymusic/electronica/psych/seraph.jpg" alt="" />

Yeah. That was the second part of the hunt. Took me quite a while to find it, cause nobody wanted to sell it.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

• anyone got that Cherrystones Hidden Charms album?... Required listening!!!!

David Holmes' only involvement was as executive producer, or something but it's

mostly psyche stuff... starting off with Volta Definitiva (morricone)... (anyone know where I can get this track on vinyl????!!!!)[/b]

There's also some more funky stuff, like Cher's "Walk on guilded splinter", and Roosevelt Franklin's "Red Pepper pt 1"

I've had this album on repeat for a minute now.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    La Haine is the shit...

• is there a dvd version of that?... Amazon only lists the VHS version

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    is there a dvd version of that?... Amazon only lists the VHS version

No, not one that plays in the US. It's only on VHS and it's out-of-print. I saw it at Amoebas in Frisco and they wanted like $40 or $50 for it! Damn. I think you can find it on Ebay for cheap. Fucking awesome movie. There's an ill mix a DJ does in the movie too.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts