limited edition Batman B&W

dmacdmac 472 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
For years now I've avoided the pitfall of collecting limited edition comic-inspired figures, but I think I've found the one that's gonna do me in. The forthcoming Frank Miller-designed Batman B&W is just plain BAD ASS: The details (wrinkles in the textured suit fabric, the huge utility belt, the scowl) are spot-on. Gonna have to pre-order soon.Anybody dig this kinda s**t? What's your favorite?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

i dont collect the art statues. but i have a gang of action figures -

and this one too-

• Dope.

I'm in the same boat. I just can't bring myself to drop some money on somthing thats just going to sit there, and it's hard to validate it as an "art" investment because most people just scoff at anything comic-related as kid shit.

Granted, I could give a f*ck as to most peoples opinions, but I can imagine I would get real sick, real quick of having something that dope in my office at work and getting some mouth-breather walking in daily asking dumb questions about it (or my interest) while putting his dickbeaters all over it thinking it was a toy.

I catch enouth shit around here just having this in my office...

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    man, i remember being a kid when the 89' movie came out. those action figures were like smack for children.
    they got waaaay too "thank god it's friday" when the shumacher era toys came out.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Dope.

I'm in the same boat. I just can't bring myself to drop some money on somthing thats just going to sit there, and it's hard to validate it as an "art" investment because most people just scoff at anything comic-related as kid shit.

Granted, I could give a f*ck as to most peoples opinions, but I can imagine I would get real sick, real quick of having something that dope in my office at work and getting some mouth-breather walking in daily asking dumb questions about it (or my interest) while putting his dickbeaters all over it thinking it was a toy.

ummmm....it is a toy though.

"ZOMG DONT TOUCH MY DOLLS!!!" LULZ!!!

• It looks like Batman is mad because he lost a bet and had to get a bad boob job.

• Dope.

ummmm....it is a toy though.

"ZOMG DONT TOUCH MY DOLLS!!!" LULZ!!!

Granted, but it's obviously marketed at the "Don't touch it without gloves and leave it in the box!" crowd.

Plus - I think the only fact that makes it a "toy" is the fact that the arms move. (I can't beleive I just typed that).