The End of an Era? NRR

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Marc Jacobs' newest collection for spring 2008 is ugly, u-g-l-y-you-ain't-got-no-alibi-ugly ugly. Dude has turned out wearable, beautiful and classic clothes non-stop for 10 yrs+ and then this. Fall 2007/08 was nothing great either, but this is some WTF type-shit. Supposedly he's off drugs, but looking at these clothes, you'd think the opposite. http://nymag.com/fashion/fashionshows/2008/spring/main/newyork/womenrunway/marcjacobs/

Comments

• wow, this collection looks really cheap

That actually looks kinda cool in some sort of 60s French retro-gone-A&F way.

This, on the other hand:

I'm pretty sure I know what "dowdy" means, and I'm pretty sure that was it.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

wow, this collection looks really cheap

Yes! That's what I think, too.

You know who is kicking ass though? Gucci! Frida Giannini is amazing, good riddance to that cheeseball Tom Ford.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

This, on the other hand:

I'm pretty sure I know what "dowdy" means, and I'm pretty sure that was it.

Jacobs clearly jacked Murakami for that shit.

really? i think it looks like someone got some jersey-t bedding and an iron-on and tried to make something to sell at old navy

I know there are exceptions to all rules, but dress shoes with super casual or sporty shit just doens't go. The right runners can look good with a gown, but heels and sporty shit just gets on my nerves.

• really? i think it looks like someone got some jersey-t bedding and an iron-on and tried to make something to sell at old navy

I think I was distracted by the nipples.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Anybody feeling Raf Simmons or Bernard Whilhelm?

• cheeseball Tom Ford.

haha! i saw a scary/gross pic of will arnett not too long ago that totally reminded me of tom ford.

cheeseball Tom Ford.

haha! i saw a scary/gross pic of will arnett not too long ago that totally reminded me of tom ford.

• but heels and sporty shit just gets on my nerves.

what about sporty heels?

p.s. i laughed so hard at that arnett/ford/reznor succession

what about sporty heels?

I have never made a citzen's arrest, but were I to see these on anyone