›

Recent Psych digs...

bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
What are some Psych rekords you copped recently that you were pretty PSYCHED about?I got these two this week and they have been in constant rotation.Surprisingly great record that I copped for cheap!!!Finally broke down and bought a repress, to hold me over until I find an OG in the Naptown dollars bins...

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE AND I BRING YOU FIRE!!!

Just picked up the 45 of FIRE from the Crazy world of Arthur Brown.

on Polydor's TRACK RECORD label..

I'm really enjoying it. Wondering if Time/confusion was ever put on a 45. That's my cut!

- spidey

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

Surprisingly great record that I copped for cheap!!!

Hmm, I heard this once and it didn't really grab me. I'll try and track it down and give it another listen.

• Touch is borderline prog....it's in AA tho so fuck it. Side 2 just sounded real damn good. The Ford Theater is killer.

• Touch is borderline prog

Yeah, but it's just early enough (1969) that you could call it psych anyway - no need in splitting hairs...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• The Ford Theater is killer.

talking of the Ford Theatre -- my local spot has had a copy of:

ford theatre - "time changes"

ive ben eyeing it up cos the cover looks ace - but i cant listen to it in there. is it worth a punt?

ive ben eyeing it up cos the cover looks ace - but i cant listen to it in there. is it worth a punt?

I've never heard it. Not that it's the final word or anything, but the AA review of "Trilogy" mentioned the follow-up was not as good.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    THE LAMA HAS SPOKEN

Ignore what the majority say about this LP and buy it (well if isn't too much). Not as psychy as Trilogy but beautifully well crafted songs with great vocals/hooks plus lush string arrangements by Johnny Pate. I actually prefer it to Trilogy.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

i got this for cheap last week.

but i trade it for

which waz nice

• Don't ask me how this ended up in the northern hemisphere, but 'twas right there, amongst David Sylvian and Santana. OG copy, although VG-, G+ at times... however, the monster instrumental 6+ minute psych tune plays pretty well.