Google Stock

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Who bought on the IPO?I bought a little at around 115 and sold a bit down the line.Man, if I would have hung onto it...

Comments

• Options
    Who bought on the IPO?

I bought a little at around 115 and sold a bit down the line.

Man, if I would have hung onto it...

I'm still kicking myself for not applying for shares on that auction IPO they had, I wanted a bunch at 85 but never put it in. Bought it at 280 a couple years ago but dumped it at 420 or something. Bought more recently. Now they're talking about they're own phone??? Damn.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    85 would have been pretty great to get in on.

Crushing to think if ya had bought 10 grand worth at that price.

The company moves into the top 5 American market value companies.

Crazy how it happened in such a short time.

• I had about 20 or 30 shares of Apple at $75 about 2 years ago (or whenever it was valued around that). It was my first experience buying shares. I think it's still a good buy. I could see it hitting $200 but I don't think I have enough money saved up to justify it.

• Who bought on the IPO?

I'm still kicking myself for not applying for shares on that auction IPO they had, I wanted a bunch at 85 but never put it in. Bought it at 280 a couple years ago but dumped it at 420 or something. Bought more recently. Now they're talking about they're own phone??? Damn.

Not their own phones but a phone operating system. They're supposed to be announcing something in about 2 weeks. I could only see them getting into the cellular market if they get that 700 Mhz frequency being put up for auction soon.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Who bought on the IPO?

Not their own phones but a phone operating system. They're supposed to be announcing something in about 2 weeks. I could only see them getting into the cellular market if they get that 700 Mhz frequency being put up for auction soon.

Google mobile OS unlikely, analysts say

And Google also hasn't committed to bidding in the frequency auction, though it is doing its best to influence the auction rules, leading one to assume that if it manages to game the rules enough to its liking, it will bid. Really, it's just trying to position itself to be a major player in the mobile market (which is expected to overtake the PC market before too long), but with the major inherent differences in how the mobile market functions vs. how the PC market functions, it's hard to say exactly how Google's going to accomplish that. That said, I don't doubt that it will eventually accomplish that; it's just hard to figure out what's rumor and what is an actual possibility at this point.

• Options
    Who bought on the IPO?

Google mobile OS unlikely, analysts say

And Google also hasn't committed to bidding in the frequency auction, though it is doing its best to influence the auction rules, leading one to assume that if it manages to game the rules enough to its liking, it will bid. Really, it's just trying to position itself to be a major player in the mobile market (which is expected to overtake the PC market before too long), but with the major inherent differences in how the mobile market functions vs. how the PC market functions, it's hard to say exactly how Google's going to accomplish that. That said, I don't doubt that it will eventually accomplish that; it's just hard to figure out what's rumor and what is an actual possibility at this point.

Rumors rumors rumors. I've heard everything from their own phone (this rumor was out when the iPhone dropped) over their own spectrum to the OS headed to either ATT Sprint or Verizon. All that aside, they've certainly showed themselves capable of performing better than most people knew possible though huh? I remember an interview on CNBC a year or more ago where a guy said he saw it going to 1000 eventually and they basically laughed at him. He's not too far off now, less than two years away probably.

I don't know if any of you were aware of this, but when the IPO came out they said they had no plans to ever split the stock a la Berkshire Hathaway and the Washington Post. So if any of you are planning on eventually buying a few shares but are hoping or waiting for a split, don't do that.

• but when the IPO came out they said they had no plans to ever split the stock a la Berkshire Hathaway

http://finance.google.com/finance?chdnp=...81&q=NYSE:BRK.A

Oh snap!

EDIT: Is this seriously their website? http://www.berkshirehathaway.com/

• I didn't have the $$ to, I remember trying to get my dad to get in on it but he wasn't having it...ugh.

I did dump pretty much all of my 401k into Chipotle earlier this year though, which has doubled my money so far.

• Options
    but when the IPO came out they said they had no plans to ever split the stock a la Berkshire Hathaway

What you want from their website? It's an insurance company, among other things. Would you prefer a forum where dudes bust on someone all day for being bald? Considering it's run by Warren Buffett I'm surprised they even have a website, but not at how bare-bones it is.

Check their "b" stock, BRK.B for a more affordable way to get a piece of the company.