Platinum Pied Pipers

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Yo, I wanted to hate. I wasn't feeling those remakes (Open Your Eyes, Riding High) but this "PPP" shit is Jose Fuego for real.What else is good? Like this I mean? I used to be fully immersed in Nag-Champa-Hop for years (I'm from Philly) but I gave that shit up. Getting back into it.Plus I'm putting together my July free mix and it's got some bangers on it. King just hit me with an exclusive joint this morning, got some exclusive Goapele on that bitch. What else is going on in teh world?

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm only talking about music for now on. Fuck it.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Never heard them, but I'm thinking about seeing PPP w/ Roy Ayers in Von King Pk in BedSty, but fo sho fo sho am going to see Big Daddy in Crown Heights.

7pm July 13th Brower Park.

Any strutters man/woooman enough?

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
    I figured I would pick this record up at some point but haven't. Tiombe Lockhart's voice is SO SICK she's got a CD you can cop on her website too Cosmo which i believe is her name.com. I don't know shit about this type of shit though

• trying to coordinate my nyc trip to catch roy ayers with these cats. don't know them really. heard the ridin' high thing and one other new original joint, wasn't into it, but plently of people whose taste i respect are all for it so there must be something to it.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I used to be fully immersed in Nag-Champa-Hop for years (I'm from Philly) but I gave that shit up. Getting back into it.

Hi C*smo

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts

Never heard them, but I'm thinking about seeing PPP w/ Roy Ayers in Von King Pk in BedSty, but fo sho fo sho am going to see Big Daddy in Crown Heights.

7pm July 13th Brower Park.

here i am

spliff you're the grooviest...

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    check the new Zion I lp, supposed to be banging...

Lyrics Born remix LP

Maroons - "Ambush"

the last DJ Greyboy album was sick-nasty

The Rebirth out of LA

and check for any of the Concrete Grooves label stuff, nice jazzy hip hop and instrumentals...

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    sa-ra creative partners bootlegs on the internets

ive been getting into that "broken" sound.. really been feeling the new ammoncontact, dimlite, domu, mitsu.. all that sort of ish ha

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

here i am

The white dude with facial hair posse is gonna be in e-f-f-e-c-t ...

Rockwell, still got that soul patch?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    check the new Zion I lp, supposed to be banging...

The Rebirth out of LA

and check for any of the Concrete Grooves label stuff, nice jazzy hip hop and instrumentals...

Y'all talking to the NAG CHAMPION NOW!

dude COSMO. It's all about the "50 ways to leave your lover" cover by PPP! BANOODLES! Sake toss you some exclusive Goapelle? I just went to dudes thursday night, shit was mad decent.

the zion I maybe to backpacky, but still good

MAJOR CO-SIGN on the Rebirth band, the album is pretty decent. Definetly a group to check for 12'' signle wise ("the journey within" is the piff)

Yeah! Presto/Concrete grooves definetly have some coool stuff. Presto=nice dude

• mitsu indeed, major cosign on that.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I was hatin' on their name but this album is definitely a gem.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    anyone got any clips of the Rebirth? im too lazy to look

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Rebrith do a dope cover of "Evil Vibrations" that's worth checking for.

I'm feeling the second cut on that PPP album - BANGIN' DRUMS SONN. I think it's called "Another Day Gone" or something like that. Word to your poodle.

• This single has been getting some nice ring wear in my play crate.

Recommended.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    I was definitely burnt out on that sound but I like the album. Specially the Sa-Ra joint on there. That's the first song of theirs I've really liked. Sounds like AR Music.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I was hatin' on their name but this album is definitely a gem.

Straight. Shit just screams lame.

Which is my other point. 99% of this music IS LAME.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    "I Got You" is MA ISHT.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts

Y'all talking to the NAG CHAMPION NOW!

dude COSMO[/b]. It's all about the "50 ways to leave your lover" cover by PPP![/b] BANOODLES! Sake[/b] toss you some exclusive Goapelle?[/b] I just went to dudes thursday night, shit was mad decent.

the zion I[/b] maybe to backpacky, but still good

MAJOR CO-SIGN on the Rebirth[/b] band, the album is pretty decent. Definetly a group to check for 12'' signle wise ("the journey within" is the piff)

Yeah! Presto/Concrete grooves definetly have some coool stuff. Presto[/b]=nice dude

Oop, you dropped som-...oh....you dr...you....you dropped s-....you dropped something.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Getting back out of it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    This single has been getting some nice ring wear in my play crate.

Recommended.

I just got around to picking this up and it???s dope. I was expecting it to just ride that Jay Dee sound but it???s got its own thing going on. I was rather surprised at just how melodic it sounded. Listened to it nonstop over the 4th of July holiday it sounds equally good in the car and in the club. The Sa Ra joint is very nice with those Juno 106 80's sounding chords and that hook that could easily be a top ten Maxwell song. I wish they would do more stuff like this and not go so way out with that broken lazy sound.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts

here i am

The white dude with facial hair posse is gonna be in e-f-f-e-c-t ...

Rockwell, still got that soul patch?

had to trim it, but working on a new Van Gogh right now...

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    sa-ra creative partners bootlegs on the internets

"Hollywood" has been in heavy rotation for ages up in here. Plus that joint they did with Steve Spacek. They get knocked a lot, but I'm feeling it.