Disco DJ Favorites Pt. 1

mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
A few years ago I checked out a copy of Love Saves The Day: A History of American Dance Music Culture 1970-1979 from my university's library. The author presents a thorough history of the underground disco scene in New York. He had these lists of important songs that DJ???s like David Mancuso, Nicky Siano, Francis Grasso and Larry Levy played at their respective nights. I copied these lists and always intended on tracking down as many of the as I possibly could. I recently started downloading Nicky Siano???s tracks and intend on moving to the other dj???s once I get most of Siano???s stuff. Whenever possible, I got 320 kbps mps and quality never drops below 192. Here???s what I have so far:http://www.sendspace.com/file/4366isincludes:B.T. Express - Peace Pipe (Kenny Dope Dub)Brenda Holloway - Just Look What You've DoneCreative Source - Who Is He And What Is He To YouDouble Exposure - My Love Is Free (Original Tom Moulton Mix)Dr. Buzzards Original Savanna Band - Cherchez la Femme8,563,816 Ecstasy, Passion and Pain - Touch and GoFirst Choice - Newsy NeighborsFirst Choice - The PlayerHarold Melvin & The Blue Notes - The Love I LostBrothers - Get Into SomethingLove Unlimited Orchestra - Love's ThemeManu Dibango - Soul MakosaMFSB - Love Is The message (Danny Krivit Re-edit)MFSB - TSOPPatti Labelle - What Can I Do For YouThe Intruders - I'll Always Love My MamaThe Joneses - In Love AgainThe Joneses - Sugar Pie Guy (12'' Version)Booker T And The Mgs - Melting PotThe O'Jays - For The Love Of MoneyThe O'Jays - Love TrainThe Originals - Down to Love TownThe Pointer Sisters - Yes We Can CanThe Three Degrees - Dirty Ol' ManThe Trammps - Love EpidemicThe Trammps - Zing, Went The Strings Of My HeartWar - City Country CityWilson Pickett - Don't Knock My Love (Part 1)

Comments

• just to clarify...brothers "get into something" is isley brothers...not the brothers who did "under the skin"

i'm highly recommend purchasing the Nicky Siano "The Gallery" comp on soul jazz

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Great idea but sendspace is BLOWING right now.

• just to clarify...brothers "get into something" is isley brothers...not the brothers who did "under the skin"

Yeah, I probably messed that up on accident when I was trying to make the file names uniform.

• Many thanks for this!

• autoauto 198 Posts
    Gracias, if you want to post the other lists i am willing to help out and put up what i can find.

• Great collection of tracks - thanks for posting!

Anyone know the origin of the version of Soul Makossa in this collection? It's definitely not "The Original" mix.

• Great collection of tracks - thanks for posting!

Anyone know the origin of the version of Soul Makossa in this collection? It's definitely not "The Original" mix.

I thought it sounded a bit different but honestly, I haven't heard the definitive version enough to know.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    Great idea but sendspace is BLOWING right now.

Yeah. "Sorry, the free service is at full capacity."

• Great idea but sendspace is BLOWING right now.

Yeah. "Sorry, the free service is at full capacity."

Is there another file service that allows 300 mb? It's just more convenient to post one large file.

• thanks, link is working now

i got the soul jazz "The Gallery" comp but this is more than they could have fit on 1 disc

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    please someone re-up this am dying to hear it

great idea and post man...thanks

• please someone re-up this am dying to hear it

The file looks like it's still there... or are you looking for a re-up on a different file sharing service?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

The file looks like it's still there... or are you looking for a re-up on a different file sharing service?

other service por favor...

ive reupped sendspace 13 times and still wait 59.58.57sec

• please someone re-up this am dying to hear it

i'll break it into smaller folders and do zshare or something... i'll repost later tonight.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

i'll break it into smaller folders and do zshare or something... i'll repost later tonight.

supremely apeciated..muito obrigado