Digging in Berlin?

catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Hey alll strutters who know something about Berlin...where would one go to get records ? sure i could check a phonebook, but specifically Jazz / Funk / Soul / Disco records?Are there thrift stores in berlin where you can cop that euro heat?I'll be there for 2 days only .. wed/thurs of next week.

Comments

• oh word, I just got back from Europe. Berlin was a highlight. Found some rec's too. There's several good record stores in Freidrichshain and Kreuzberg. But don't expect any bargains since the euro is pretty much killin our money right now. I found a few flea markets, there's a really big indoor one on saturdays in kreuzberg with lots of 1 euro records, but I didn't find any grails. But seek it out, more than just records, that flea is a trip into history. I was looking through a forgotten photo album with dated b&w pics that ended conspicuously in 1943.

The big score of the trip was a reggae and hip hop collection from an otherwise totally dead flea in a tiny town outside Vienna. so random. it started to drizzle, so the lady gave me the whole collection for 10 euro. so random.

Enjoy the trip!