Ebay question

igboigbo 44 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I currently have a record up on the bay and have been offered by 2 people to remove the auction early to do a sale outside of ebay. The offers are fair for the record, but i received a warning from ebay saying that my account would be shut down if i remove the item up for auction. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with removing auctions off of the bay?

Comments

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    remember, it only takes two people to start a bidding war, and it looks like you got two people who really want the record. Id say let em fight it out on ebay. There is already good chance that you will get what you have been offered.

As for ebay stepping in, no, its all scare tactics. The have no idea what happens to a record after you end an auction.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    but what if it has a bid on it, you cant just remove it once somebody has placed a bid can you?

but what if it has a bid on it, you cant just remove it once somebody has placed a bid can you?

yeah you can, you have say the item is no longer for sale because it was broken or something.

• Ebay doesnt know if a pipe burst and the item was ruined, you made a mistake in grading, etc....when you end an auction you mark a reason from their little checklist...

• igboigbo 44 Posts
    Thanks for the help. I figured with the billions of autions happening at once they cant monitor my small time auction.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I've never had any kind of threats from eBay over taking an auction down. Weird.

I've never had any kind of threats from eBay over taking an auction down. Weird.

what they will typically do is attach a note to the top ofa message that anyone sends you.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

what they will typically do is attach a note to the top ofa message that anyone sends you.

ahhh... that'd explain why I never noticed it.

• Ebay is weird, they dont want you make deals where they dont make any money but will do shit like cancel your auctions that would make them money for some dumb shit like having a link to your website in the item descrption...sucks if you host your soundfiles and things on your own website....

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    whatever you do....don't end the auction

97.36525 out of 100 you'll get more than what they would have offered you.
    This is a bidders way of trying to play you for a sucker.

Don't do it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    whatever you do....don't end the auction

97.36525 out of 100 you'll get more than what they would have offered you.
    This is a bidders way of trying to play you for a sucker.

Don't do it.