KZSC Record Swap Roll Call

spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Yes, I know we have nothing on the ARC thread, but for those of you in the Bay Area, we're working our hardest to make our music sale a reason to come visit the beautiful city of Santa Cruz. I know some of you will be selling/gripping - kidinquisitive, age, shitzr, ferrari, phonics, jinx(?)For those not in the know, this is our annual CD/Record sale at KZSC 88.1 FM, UC Santa Cruz college radio. We purge crates of CDs and records at 25 cents each and have as many dealers come as we can fit. If you live in the Bay you should make it down - nothing beats a record related excuse to spend a day in the Santa Cruz mountains or by the coastline. Everyone but Larry is invited DOH! It's Saturday, November 10th from 10 AM - 4 PM at the Merrill College Cultural Center on the UCSC campus. Directions here:Directions from Highway 17 If you're interested in selling (or know anyone who is) get in touch with me on the PM or at [Email]hiphop@kzsc.org.[/Email] 8 foot tables run $35 for one, $60 for two.

Comments

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    ill send homies in my place

• when?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    when?

DOH! It's Saturday, November 10th from 10 AM - 4 PM at the Merrill College Cultural Center on the UCSC campus. Directions here:

Directions from Highway 17

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I'm a definite maybe.

I'm a definite maybe.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that if the weather is good the strutter contingent should go to moonrocks after the swap before everyone leaves. Secret spot where you can see 360 degrees across the mountains and out to the Monterey Bay at the same time.

Does anyone have contact info for that guy in Berkeley who has monthly record yard sales? I think he sells at KUSF and the OC show too. I know where he lives but lost his number.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I'm a definite maybe.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    I was thinking about it. I was interviewed for a new job yesterday, was told I got the position this morning and therefore will need to attend training in Hayward (hour away) for three weeks. My step-sister and her man, who is a jazz musician and I think a collector as well, lives in SC, so I might visit them and, if I have the time, go to the show and meet some of you SF locals. I will get more info on Monday and will make a thread when the time comes.

I was thinking about it. I was interviewed for a new job yesterday, was told I got the position this morning and therefore will need to attend training in Hayward (hour away) for three weeks. My step-sister and her man, who is a jazz musician and I think a collector as well, lives in SC, so I might visit them and, if I have the time, go to the show and meet some of you SF locals. I will get more info on Monday and will make a thread when the time comes.

Right on man, hope you make it over here - the weather has been great the past few days.

Just got word from two more San Jose dealers that they're coming. Tell all your record related people to come make it down to the sale.

• I'm a definite maybe.

soulstrut grape circle?

And by the way, I just found out that we will be selling our entire New Age vinyl library at the sale. All you weirdrecordsthatsuck.com folks should make it over here, cause I just grabbed some heat like this out of our sale boxes:

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    And by the way, I just found out that we will be selling our entire New Age vinyl library at the sale. All you weirdrecordsthatsuck.com folks should make it over here, cause I just grabbed some heat like this out of our sale boxes:

nice. ahh, the perks of working for the station...

• i might be there. anyone know if this swap is any good ?

i need to know if it's worth 5-6 hours of driving from merced.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    can't make it:(
    have fun though folks.
    sounds like a blast with all the stuff they are going
    to take from their archive!

peace
    adrian

It's going down tomorrow! Be seeing tick_tickler, kidinquisitive, shitzr, plkbkyn all early to sell, davesrecords and possibly others (Ferrari, Enki, some waxidermists) later during the sale. SoulStrut will be in full effect.

Here's to hoping it doesn't rain.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I'm a definite now as I'll be stopping by on my way to Monterey to be the creepy old guy at a college "Anything But Clothes" party. Yup... THAT GUY

I'm a definite now as I'll be stopping by on my way to Monterey to be the creepy old guy at a college "Anything But Clothes" party. Yup... THAT GUY

Seems like a natural evolution from 20s New Jersey douchebag to creepy old guy. Glad you'll be able to make it.