Obama (Axlerod related...)

spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Considering the competition, said David Axelrod, Obama's chief strategist, Obama is doing just fine in Iowa.
Now all of SoulStrut must vote for him since his strategist shares that name.But seriously, I thought this article was interesting - I rarely have any faith in political candidates but I am pulling for Obama to win the primaries.I've been surprised by the fact that he would be the first Black president has been rarely talked about. If this were even a decade ago I really think this would have been a more talked about issue.Discuss batches. Please no Rock-a-logic.

Comments

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I knew about David Axlerod, the acclaimed pol before I knew about David Axlerod, the acclaimed but overhyped producer.

There was an interesting story about the former's work with the Obama campaign in a Chicago Tribune Magazine article about a year or so back.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Obama is doing just fine in Iowa.

very true, its almost as though nobody is aware of the other candidates here.

• I've been surprised by the fact that he would be the first Black president has been rarely talked about. If this were even a decade ago I really think this would have been a more talked about issue.

we need a "have you been living under a rock" graemlin.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

I've been surprised by the fact that he would be the first Black president has been rarely talked about. If this were even a decade ago I really think this would have been a more talked about issue.

we need a "have you been living under a rock" graemlin.

Uh, no. I'm not saying no one is talking about it, but I really just haven't seen it become the sort of big issue that media sources have been willing to confront.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I read that Tribune magazine profile -- Axelrod supposedly is a pretty good baller.

I'm hoping the youth -- the folks not including in this hyper-scientifical polling -- comes out for Obama.

I find it amazing that the Rudy G. is the front-runner for the G.O.P. simply because he can "beat" Hilary. Meanwhile, Hilary is the front-runner for the Dems, yet has probably the least amount of appeal in the general election. It's like each party is bracing for an inevitable car crash, even though there's still time to avoid it.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    IM JUST GLAD EDWARDS IS FLOPPING HARD. DUDE IS THE BIGGEST FAKE IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW. WORKING FOR A HEDGEFUND TO STUDY POVERTY, CHEA RIGHT BIATCH, AND ALL THOSE DONATIONS FROM 'STAFF' WERE JUST COS THEY LIKED YOU SO MUCH WHEN YOU WERE WORKING THERE YOU BIG HOMO.

I like Obama, but as you can see, the right is understandably afraid of Edwards. In general, I'd love to see a woman or minority elected, but in addition to substance, from a strictly pragmatic sense I gotta go with Edwards. Theres a no way a white southern christian male looses this time for the Dems, and if you don't believe that American loves its smiley southerners, please refer to the last 30 years....

• THINK ABOUT WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN WHEN WE START HEARING TESTIMONIALS FROM ALL THE PEOPLE THAT SCUMBAG FUCKED OVER IN HIS LAWYER DAYS.

all those poor people who got stiffed by the insurance companies that he turned into millionaires? he was one of the best pi lawyers in the country. you sound clueless.

edwards doesn't have my vote just yet, but for all those people on here that talk about the need for social programs and helping out the disadvantaged, there is no other candidate who is touching edwards. if you are a liberal and support obama over edwards, i'd love to know why.

• THINK ABOUT WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN WHEN WE START HEARING TESTIMONIALS FROM ALL THE PEOPLE THAT SCUMBAG FUCKED OVER IN HIS LAWYER DAYS.

all those poor people who got stiffed by the insurance companies that he turned into millionaires? he was one of the best pi lawyers in the country. you sound clueless.

SCUMBAGS LIKE HIM ARE WHY MEDICAL COSTS ARE AS HIGH AS THEY ARE. HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT DOCTORS HAVE TO PAY FOR LIABILITY INSURANCE BECAUSE OF UNSCROUPULESS BUTT FUCKERS LIKE EDWARDS? DO YOU THINK ITS A COCINCIDENCE THAT TEXAS PASSESS TORTH REFORM AND SEES THE NUMBER OF MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS OPERATING IN THE STATE RISE BY 15%?

SERIOUSLY, THE FOLKS ARE GOING TO BE DISGUSTED BY SOME OF THE ANTICS HE PULLED IN THE COURTROOM. DONT EVEN NEED TO GO BACK FAR THOUGH. REMEMBER THAT REVELATION IN THAT BOB KERRY OR WHATEVER BOOK? ABOUT HOW EDWARDS TOLD THE EXACT SAME STORY ABOUT HIS DEAD SON MULTIPLE TIMES TO DIFFERENT PEOPLE EACH TIME INSISTING HE HAD NEVER TOLD ANYONE BEFORE.

insurance companies raise med mal insurance because they can. med mal cases and settlements factor in at less than 1% in terms of costs. even if there was a stronger correlation, i'd love to hear you tell a mother that her newborn just died because a doctor f*cked up, but that the state has capped her child's life at $200,000. sounds fair.

courtroom antics? lets all shed a tear for the insurance companies and their lawyers because edwards took them to school.

THINK ABOUT WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN WHEN WE START HEARING TESTIMONIALS FROM ALL THE PEOPLE THAT SCUMBAG FUCKED OVER IN HIS LAWYER DAYS.

SCUMBAGS LIKE HIM ARE WHY MEDICAL COSTS ARE AS HIGH AS THEY ARE. HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT DOCTORS HAVE TO PAY FOR LIABILITY INSURANCE BECAUSE OF UNSCROUPULESS BUTT FUCKERS LIKE EDWARDS?

Thank god we have the insurance companies and the pharma industry to look out for our best interests and protect us from the scourge of government funded health insurance. Dolo, America's sick and needy salute you!

I'd also like to hear from Obama supporters what their issues with Edwards are. I was leaning, but seeing Edwards on Bill Maher last week sealed the deal for me...

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Oh well, that didn't last half a page...

• i'd rather blap Obama than Hillary.

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    No love for Ron Paul?

No love for Ron Paul?

Nope.