High School Reunions???

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Hey,My high school 20-year reunion (Damn, I'm old) is going on tonight down in Fayetteville, NC (Westover Senior High School). Although I'm generally concerned about (some) members of my graduating class, I didn't give enough of a shit to attend. I was far from popular, only respected for my academic, musical, and athletic talents. So, I felt "some kinda way" about some of those muthafuckas, so I didn't want to be hypocritical by going. Weirdly enough, I did get love in response to an email I posted on the reunion blog started by the alumni committee. They jumped on the dills about my "update on what I'm doing with my life" (on some "Wow" shit). Oh well, any of you dudes/dudettes go to your reunions, or did you share some of my "Fuck y'all" sentiments?Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    HELL 2 DA NAH!
    MY 10 YR IS THIS YEAR, AND I HAVE NO DESIRE TO GO. MUFUCKAS SPELLED MY NAME WRONG ON THE ENVELOPE. THAT ALONE GETS THE GASFACE.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    didnt go to my five year, it was just some weak shit at a bar in canton (baltimore). at least i got invited, half the people i still talked to from high school didnt even get an invite.

• I hated high school. I caught a lot of discrimination in high school so naturally I have no desires to catch up with a lot of the assholes who I went with.

What is weird is that I see a bunch of these motherfuckers and the occasional cool dude at clubs NOW trying to be all cool with me. The few people that I cared for I kept in touch with.

And for such an "affluent" school, a lot of motherfuckers are like, ditch diggers and shit.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    My 20th was last year and it was awesome. Few things are more gratifying than seeing the quiet kid who now is a huge success and the popular kid that is now a huge loser. It reafirms one's faith in the world.

• I ran into a couple of dudes form H.S. last year..they came into the shop trying to unload some shitty LPs, when they saw I was there they thought they hit the motherload. I didnt by their stuff. Both were rich kids, sons of judges and shit. A few days later I saw in the paper they were wanted by the police...apparently they had been impersonating police officers and robbing folks...wow, private high schools really turn out the gems...

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    My 20th was last year and it was awesome. Few things are more gratifying than seeing the quiet kid who now is a huge success and the popular kid that is now a huge loser. It reafirms one's faith in the world.

You are not a 'huge' loser, though you appear to be quite tall.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    i went to my 10 year reunion and it was kind of cool. i ran into a lot of people that were cool whom i completely forgot about. my 20 year is next summer. trying to decide if i want to go to. the good friends i had in high school are still my good friends today even if i did move 2000 miles away. i suppose if the homies go, i'll go. class of 88 is great!

• facebook has replaced any need to go to high school reunions.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I don't think I'd remember any of those people's names, much less who was and wasn't popular.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I went to three different high schools and lost touch with people along the way. There are a couple of people I see now and then at shows or parties because we are interested in the same things, but I hated high school and had a few close friends at each one with most of my friends not going to my schools. I can't say my curiosity extends so far as to want to spend an evening with people I may or may not remember, and vice versa, just to see how they look, what they do and how well they can muster up a casual conversation. There's a couple of girls who had babies and I would love to see the kids all grown up now, otherwise, not really my thing.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    but I hated high school

I'm suspicious of anyone that didn't...

• haven't ever gone to one of mine (they never send me the invite) - I went to my girl's 15th college and had a blast. It was at a small college in OH and I caught some heatage while chillin with her college buddies.

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    I dropped out of high school and I'm glad I will never have to think about this.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    class of 88 is great!

Word. The ONLY graduation year that was great to yell over and over again at Kenmore West High School (Buffalo, NY): "Eighty-eight! Eighty-eight! Eighty-eighty-eighty-eight!"
    Obviously, my 20 year is coming up too. I am still tight with everyone that really mattered to me in high school, so I am not really that curious about my other classmates. But it'll be interesting to see if the hotties stayed hot.
    My 10-year was lame: a casual get-together at a bar, non-school sponsored or related. I didn't bother going back to Buffalo for it. Here's hoping a little more effort goes into the 20...

• what would be cool would be a funky high school stage band reunion...kashmere perhaps.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I dropped out of high school

and have this ridiculous house....

• but I hated high school

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    facebook has replaced any need to go to high school reunions.

totally.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    My school didn't have a reunion for my 10th. No notice, no nothing. We had hundreds of students in my class, so this came as some surprise. I was actually in town the night of the homecoming game (my mother lives a few blocks away) so I stopped by for the first time since I'd left a decade ago. No one remotely my age was there. Shit was sad. I left immediately.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I thought about going to mine a couple of times...

But if it were anything like H.S. I'd spend the whole time out in front of the place smoking dope.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    but I hated high school

Suspicious? Really? Why?

I had a blast in high school. College too.

My 10 year is coming up next month and I'm really looking forward to it. We had a pretty tight crew of about 30-40 heads that always hung out and I'm really pumped to reconnect with them.

There was no social segmentation in my school, druggies hung out with football dudes, hung out with hippies, hung up with preppy girls etc.....Everybody was friends, everybody partied together. Wisconsin is like that.

I keep in touch with about 10 people from high school, but it's my peripheral friends that I didn't stay in touch with that I want to do beer bongs with.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    but I hated high school

Suspicious? Really? Why?

I had a blast in high school. College too.

My 10 year is coming up next month and I'm really looking forward to it. We had a pretty tight crew of about 30-40 heads that always hung out and I'm really pumped to reconnect with them.

There was no social segmentation in my school, druggies hung out with football dudes, hung out with hippies, hung up with preppy girls etc.....Everybody was friends, everybody partied together. Wisconsin is like that.

I keep in touch with about 10 people from high school, but it's my peripheral friends that I didn't stay in touch with that I want to do beer bongs with.

Except for me it was Pburgh and I only stay in touch with about 5 of em. I hope to go to my 10th when it happens. I feel pretty fortunate cause a lot of my college friends didn't have such a cohesive high school, I guess that's the norm.

• yeah i dont know, what ev.
    i went to both 5 and 10 year college reunions, crashed them both, went buck wild, got booty, ate free food and laughed at how miserable a lot of the "super professionals" were. i remember an old friend sneaking away from her husband and kid every chance she got and drinking jim beam and smoking cigarettes. got damn!(that wasnt so funny)
    was pretty good networking too...although i didnt really follow up on things.

high school years were all right. pretty obnoxious going through puberty and shit, but junior and senior year were a hazy fun filled and stressful good ol time.

• Damn, am I the youngest dude on this board!?!?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I prefer to just crash High School Proms ...

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    it'll be interesting to see if the hotties stayed hot.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I dropped out of high school and I'm glad I will never have to think about this.