New 7" from TRUTH SOUL

jimmybeejimmybee 28 Posts
edited October 2007 in Announcements
Two New 7" Releases on TRUTH & SOUL :BRONX RIVER PARKWAY feat. ZOE VELEZ[/b] Agua Con Sal b/w Me Toca : Bronx River Parkway gives us two more cuts from their trip to San Juan, Puerto Rico where they collaborated with local latin musicians who've shared the stage with such legends as Roberta Roena, The Fania All-stars, and Ismael Riviera to name a few. Pablo Rodriguez from Candela records acted as the executive producer and brought the two forces together with the vision of melding the soulful latin stylings of Bronx River Parkway with the more traditional aspects Puerto Rican music. LISTEN HERE TIMOTHY MCNEALY[/b] What's Goin On b/w I'm So Glad You're Mine:TRUTH & SOUL presents a limited edition re-press of one of the rarest 45s from Timothy McNealy's Shawn label. Produced in 1972 by Timothy McNealy a.k.a Dr. Mack alongside Roger Boykin (from the Soul Seven and Kagemere Stage Band fame), who also plays keys on the single, side A is a sublime cover of the Marvin Gaye classic What's Going On in a style that only Timothy can do. Side B is a cover of the Al Green classic I'm So Glad You're Mine off his infamous I'm Still In Love With You LP. Sampled hundreds of times for the immediately recognizable stick click drum intro, this song is one of most overlooked songs in the Al Green catalogue. Timothy McNealy stays true to the essence of the song but gives it complete makeover with a choir a female back up singers and that rough sound that is synonymous with the Shawn label. LISTEN HERE