too earl for 2007 top ten?

hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I don't even have ten yet, but I also haven't heard that UGK album yet. (I'm in a deep slumber)In no particular order (unless its Freudian):1.) In Rainbows. This is killer, I'm still bumping this. If it were a tape it would have popped already from usage.2.) Graduation. Rap Classic, in the post-rap era.3.) Writer's Block. Did this even come out this year? Regardless, I'm acting like it did, and it is super quality.4.) Carter 3 the Leak. Perhaps, for some not regarded as highly as some other recent mixtapes by dude, but I could commit murder or suicide tot his album without much thought. And, he totally goes for Jay-Z on here, which is hard as fuck.5.) I'm blanking at this point. I'm holding out for Sole's new album.

Comments

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

3.) Writer's Block. Did this even come out this year? Regardless, I'm acting like it did, and it is super quality.

I believe this came out in the US in 2007 -- but Europe in 06.

A lot of good releases have come out in the last few weeks and months, so I'm going to wait a while and digest them more before coming up with a top 10.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    2.) Graduation. Rap Classic, in the post-rap era.

GTFOHWTB

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

GTFOHWTB
    Wordage was sarcastic, but the choice was for real. I can't get with dude's rap abilities, but the whole product shines enough for me to overlook that. I'm not trying to rehash any month old threads in here, but I definitely feel like this is a solid, and important album.

GTFOHWTB
    Wordage was sarcastic, but the choice was for real. I can't get with dude's rap abilities, but the whole product shines enough for me to overlook that. I'm not trying to rehash any month old threads in here, but I definitely feel like this is a solid, and important album.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Goes so lovely with your pacifier and whistle...

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

Yes, and I'll add:

Goes so lovely with your pacifier and whistle...

Not even close...but by now I wouldn't even want you to think otherwise.

GTFOHWTB

Important? Classic?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    No one should really should post their albums of the year till they've heard the UGK album as it's between that and this

For my album of the year at the moment.

And, yes, it is too early to be having this discussion.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

GTFOHWTB

Important? Classic?
    A sorry attempt at mocking my taste, while you languish in New Balance Dragondom. Please to cum on yourself.

No one should really should post their albums of the year till they've heard the UGK- 40 song double disc exstravaganza overload learn to edit yo shit -album

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Yes, and I'll add:

Haven't heard this but I cosign for Azeem on principle, so I will definitely check.

Harvey, you disagree with Graduation? Let's have this discussion.

GTFOHWTB

Important? Classic?
    A sorry attempt at mocking my taste, while you languish in New Balance Dragondom. Please to cum on yourself.

My cum is mo impotant than Gradua-shun.

• batmon is this better than the album? I have yet to cop....

• stop bickering about the Kanye joint.

THIS is the point that begs for clarification:

I'm holding out for Sole's new album.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

GTFOHWTB

I've been listening to a lot of Kanye lately. I said about a month ago that Late Registration is much superior to Graduation, but I take that back. Late Registration production has a timeless quality to it. Graduation is gimmicky, and if you get past the fact that his lyrics are like a page out of People magazine, then you notice that there's a lot of good in this album. It's grown on me over the last few weeks.

batmon is this better than the album? I have yet to cop....

2 different animals. The album is my shit as well.

• batmon is this better than the album? I have yet to cop....

yeah the album was a solid 2007 release for sure. is this other one actually a "live" album, as in a concert recording?

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    No one should really should post their albums of the year till they've heard the UGK- 40 song double disc exstravaganza overload learn to edit yo shit -album

truth!

stop bickering about the Kanye joint.

THIS is the point that begs for clarification:

I'm holding out for Sole's new album.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

I'd forgotten the Redman was this year - there's another album that could have done with a bit of trimming prior to release. Good album though.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

yeah the album was a solid 2007 release for sure. is this other one actually a "live" album, as in a concert recording?

No--I don't believe that there is such a thing as a good live rap album.

It's just a mixtape--Red rhyming over other people's tracks--but it's very good. One of the better tapes I heard this year.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

My cum is mo impotae[/b]nt than Gradua-shun.

Cosmo, my friends made all the music for Sole's next joint, and they're dudes who I respect. To me the stuff that I've heard off it is killer, and I'm just hoping that they come through with some work that spans an entire album.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

No--I don't believe that there is such a thing as a good live rap album.

It's just a mixtape--Red rhyming over other people's tracks--but it's very good. One of the better tapes I heard this year.

word...life, everytime i go to delete the songs i like from this album(like, 8)off my ipod to make room, i can't.

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    even though this album crept out late in '07, it's quickly climbing it's way to the top of "my list".

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    I'm to lazy to depict a "10" per say...However here is an album that is worth mentioning:

Exile on the beat

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Blu is not really a great enough mc to captivate me for a whole album. Theres bunch of really nice tracks but it could have been a lot shorter. I will ride for exiles beats though. The LB album sounds a lil uninspired to me. Maybe a need to give it a few more listens.