1996: Bad Boy Mixtape Volume 3

40ozking40ozking 308 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Mixed by Stretch Armstrong... Hosted by Puff Daddy... Posted on the blog... Mixtape Wednesdays is now in effect...www.djsoulnyc.blogspot.com/

Comments

• Options
    Thanks!! Listening to the Redman freestyle on Side B right now, this whole thing is taking me back.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Soul, you got "Bad Boy For Life" on MP3?

• Cos, I got Puff's entire catalog! You want some acapella's?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Cos, I got Puff's entire catalog! You want some acapella's?

You see that little SEND PRIVATE MESSAGE button, homie...

HOLLLLLA

• Cos, I got Puff's entire catalog! You want some acapella's?

what chu got????????????

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    If I don't use p2p or torrents there isn't any way I could find oldass DJ Clue tapes online is there?

• If I don't use p2p or torrents there isn't any way I could find oldass DJ Clue tapes online is there?

which ones do you want? I have a bunch.

If I don't use p2p or torrents there isn't any way I could find oldass DJ Clue tapes online is there?

There's one I'd love to have - it had 'summer' in the title, must've been '96 cuz it had the Nas freestyles promoting It Was Written, and stuff that would end up on Reasonable Doubt and Kim's first album... there were blends w/Horace Brown and other new RnB cuts, M.O.P. was on there.

• If I don't use p2p or torrents there isn't any way I could find oldass DJ Clue tapes online is there?

There's one I'd love to have - it had 'summer' in the title, must've been '96 cuz it had the Nas freestyles promoting It Was Written, and stuff that would end up on Reasonable Doubt and Kim's first album... there were blends w/Horace Brown and other new RnB cuts, M.O.P. was on there.

I have that... Forgot the title. It has 2 Nas freestyles. The first is him rhyming over Biz's "Make The Music", "Eric B For Pres" & EPMD's "So Watcha sayin"... The second freestyle is him rhyming over that King Albert sample...

• DJ Clue - Summatyme Shootout PT 1

That was the second clue to ever be on an actual cd. I have it right here.

I already upped it to my cpu. I'll zshare that bitch hold on........

• PM sent. If anyone else wants it pm me.

sorry seems you wanted the 4,5,6 going for broke.

it's your lucky day, i have that cd too. I'll pm it to you.

Did that have the BMW M3 on the cover(I think it was the M3 at least)? I might have it confused with another Clue tape.

• Mixed by Stretch Armstrong... Hosted by Puff Daddy...

Posted on the blog... Mixtape Wednesdays is now in effect...

www.djsoulnyc.blogspot.com/

Wow Im glad someone holds on to their tapes!! I remember buying this on fulton st at Beat Street while I was waiting for a friend who was paying a fine/summons in brooklyn courts. Like the part when puff asks for a turkey burger and cheese fries.

Did that have the BMW M3 on the cover(I think it was the M3 at least)? I might have it confused with another Clue tape.

I think the first Clue tape to use graphics was the 4,5,6... Here's the cover for Summertime 2 which was released in 95..

• Did that have the BMW M3 on the cover(I think it was the M3 at least)? I might have it confused with another Clue tape.

YUP!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Thanks for this 40ozking.

I have that... Forgot the title. It has 2 Nas freestyles. The first is him rhyming over Biz's "Make The Music", "Eric B For Pres" & EPMD's "So Watcha sayin"... The second freestyle is him rhyming over that King Albert sample...

I actually discovered years later that the freestyles were from a Columbia white label issued to DJs to promote It Was Written (and promptly scored a sealed one for $15)... there's 3 cuts

• Did that have the BMW M3 on the cover(I think it was the M3 at least)? I might have it confused with another Clue tape.

YUP!

Damn, I havent seen those in years. I never saw the CD versions, though..bootleg tapes is all we had around here.

Yeah, not that I would know but the dude I dubbed the Summatyme Shootout off of had the tape - the CDs around here have usually been more along the lines of 'the book of songs' where you make your own tape for 10 bucks basically... but that shit was my soundtrack, it really took me back hearing this tape again, thanks FF. I had this shitty job in Durham, and rocking the walkman all day was the only thing keeping me going (aside from Bojangles that is)... I played this tape all the damn time. Never thought I'd get to hear it again.