Another Reason Dallas,TX Sucks

pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
http://blogs.houstonpress.com/houstoned/2007/10/sometimes_dallas_makes_it_way.phpPullem??? Up? Sometimes Dallas Makes It Way Too EasyWed Oct 24, 2007 at 01:59:53 PMAs loyal Houstonians, far be it from us to pass up a chance to make fun of our neighbors a few hundred miles up I-45, but this time we???re hardly the only ones. Dallas showed up on NBC???s Today show, popular music blog Idolator and XXL magazine???s Web site ??? and that???s just this morning - for a pair of new billboards on major Metroplex thoroughfares requesting the local citizenry pull their got-damn pants up.Two such billboards were unveiled this week. One cautions, ???Don???t Be Lame, Elevate Your Game,??? while the other advises, ???That???s Not Hip-Hop, That???s Flip Flop.??? One more, scheduled to go up soon, says ???Represent Yourself Like You Present Yourself.??? According to Dallas Fox affiliate KDFW-TV, as many as two dozen more are scheduled to go up across the Metroplex as part of the city???s ???Pullem??? Up??? campaign.Improper apostrophe usage aside, let???s pause for a bit to let all that sink in. Still giggling? Us too. Go ahead and take another moment or two.Ahem. The billboards are located at the intersections of Interstate 45 and Lamar Street, and Interstate 35E and Illinois Street ??? strangely enough, both in the largely African-American South Dallas area. ???I???m sure this is also aimed at the white skateboard kids in the suburbs who wear their pants like this as well,??? notes one observant XXL commenter.Last year, some Dallas officials wanted to pass a city ordinance making it against the law to wear low-slung trousers, but that idea stalled when some local attorneys and the Dallas ACLU chapter could barely stop laughing long enough to label the idea ludicrous. Still, even in a city where today???s headlines include ???Man Denies Molesting Boy in Wooded Area of Dallas,??? ???Screaming Match Prompts [Dallas Mayor Tom] Leppert to Order Council Recess??? and ???Woman Found Slain in South Dallas Parking Lot,??? Big D???s pants problem may turn out to be a serious issue after all.Pastor Milton Traylor Jr. of Praise the People Ministries said he was pumping gas at a Mesquite Shell station when he was offended by a local teen???s attire. ???They weren???t on his behind, they were around his legs,??? Traylor told KDFW???s Lynn Kawano. ???I just had to say something.??? In return, the youth told the pastor to ???shut the eff up??? and pulled a gun on him. ???I don???t know where he came out with it, considering his pants was hangin??? down,??? Traylor added.???"It's an embarrassment to our city if we can't keep our pants up," councilman Bill Blaydes told the Dallas Morning News last year. If anyone knows how embarrassing it is to be caught with your pants down, it???s got to be a politician ??? and now all of North Texas knows what it feels like as well. ??? Chris Gray

Comments

• I just read about this too...

Whos this dude Dooney da Priest who made a song called "pull your pants up"?

http://www.wfaa.com/video/?nvid=184446&shu=1

Peace,

Dress

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    That???s Not Hip-Hop, That???s Flip Flop

• Mad tepid.

Mad tepid.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    1. Yes, Dallas, Oklahoma indeed sucks.

2. Yes, those billboards are extremely foul.

3. Dudes used to let their pants lackadaisically sag. Nowadays dudes are purposefully positioning their back beltline along the bottom curve of their buttocks. So even I have to now say...PULL EM UP MAUFUCKA!!!

• Mad tepid. Eerily obssessed.

Nowadays dudes are purposefully positioning their back beltline along the bottom curve of their buttocks.

You've obviously devoted a great deal of time to observing this phenomenon...

Nowadays dudes are purposefully positioning their back beltline along the bottom curve of their buttocks.

Not by choice, believe me.

And yeah, whereas dudes used to wear loose boxers, now dudes are wearing form-fitting boxer-briefs.

Wonderful...

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

• Ah, Dallas. Along with Vidor, one of the few places in Texas that even Texans don't mind maligning.

Ah, Dallas. Along with Vidor, one of the few places in Texas that even Texans don't mind maligning.

But how do you feel about the form-fitting boxer brief epidemic that has Shied in a twist?

• Ah, Dallas. Along with Vidor, one of the few places in Texas that even Texans don't mind maligning.

Nah. Bad rap. Houston is just as bad, maybe worse.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Ah, Dallas. Along with Vidor, one of the few places in Texas that even Texans don't mind maligning.

Fuck you.

Fuck you.

See how aggro these Houston cats are?

Nope, wrong...Houston at the very least has access to an ocean to go along with its couple of NBA championship trophies.

Hakeem >>>>>>> Dirk...all day every day.

Nope, wrong...Houston at the very least has access to an ocean to go along with its couple of NBA championship trophies. is the "Newark of the South"

Nope, wrong...Houston at the very least has access to an ocean to go along with its couple of NBA championship trophies. is the "Newark of the South"

Plaese to explain.

What does that make Dallas, Passaic?

What does that make Dallas, Passaic?

How would you know either way?

• Nowadays dudes are purposefully positioning their back beltline along the bottom curve of their buttocks.

Not by choice, believe me.

And yeah, whereas dudes used to wear loose boxers, now dudes are wearing form-fitting boxer-briefs.

Wonderful...

whats even dumber are Frickin' high school football players are wearing their football pants like this...dumbest shit ever...also the coaches that dont wind-sprint these dumbasses to death for wearing their shit like that need to be fired...

• dallas sucks and austin is soft

• I've been to Dallas. I've even been digging in Dallas.

And, with all due respect to Rich, I'd take Long Island.

austin is soft

Yes, the parts of Austin that you have frequented are indeed soft.

• austin is soft

its all that nice fresh air and nature shit that makes yall that way, oh yeah and that lack of humidity too

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

its all that nice fresh air and nature shit that makes yall that way, oh yeah and that lack of humidity too

I think it is all of the THC in the air.

austin is soft

its all that nice fresh air and nature shit that makes yall that way

That sounds nice, but the hippies here are by now barely a drop in a large bucket of cowboys, gangstas, and corporate raiders.

• its all that nice fresh air and nature shit that makes yall that way, oh yeah and that lack of humidity too

I think it is all of the THC in the air.

DAMN HIPPIES

seriously i like austin but everytime i'm there more than 1 day i can't wait to get home.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I've been to Dallas. I've even been digging in Dallas.

You didn't go digging with me.....so you really didn't go digging in Dallas.

Next time let me know you're coming and we'll score for sure.

I had Long Island...you can have my sloppy seconds.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    As far as the Vidor/Dallas comparison.....it's the black community behind the Pull 'Em Up campaign and I haven't seen anyone dragging a pair of jeans behind their car yet.

• I've been to Dallas. I've even been digging in Dallas.

You didn't go digging with me.....so you really didn't go digging in Dallas.

Next time let me know you're coming and we'll score for sure.

I had Long Island...you can have my sloppy seconds.

Well, I'm sure you didn't have Long Island's cousin from Brooklyn that moved out there after you left... but I digress...

I did go to a couple HPBs, but didn't score much. I went to some big ass store near the airport (?) This was years ago. It sucked.