Record covers: the beginning

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
When did proper record covers come into use? Post some cool early record covers for a bro.

Comments

• ahh...dammit! I know this! The artist credited with the first ever record cover(up until he did it, sleeves were generic or only featured the label logo) passed away last year...help me out folks, who was it?

• ahh...dammit! I know this! The artist credited with the first ever record cover(up until he did it, sleeves were generic or only featured the label logo) passed away last year...help me out folks, who was it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Steinweiss

thanks! I thought he passed way...perhaps he didnt, didnt mean to curse anyone!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    ahh...dammit! I know this! The artist credited with the first ever record cover(up until he did it, sleeves were generic or only featured the label logo) passed away last year...help me out folks, who was it?

Hey thanks for this. Is there a generally considered great book about the history of record covers?

Hey thanks for this. Is there a generally considered great book about the history of record covers?

Not exactly a real history, but this one is supposed to be pretty fun.

http://www.amazon.com/Groove-Vintage-Rec...0567276-5659034

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I guess if you're too poor to afford the actual records, something like that may be comforting.

• I guess if you're too poor to afford the actual records, something like that may be comforting.

Maybe he??s simply having some space to walk around in his living room left ?