Cheapest CD duplication (shipped through mail)?

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I hate to post this since I know it has been covered a million times..but...I am trying to find a really good price on a cd dupe run of 1000 cds. Nothing fancy by any means. Regular ol' thermal printing would work..doesnt need to be color or anything. It is for a small local mixtape someone I am working with is putting out. I already have the cd insert printer for the job(1000 2 sided color,UV,etc.. for $65! What!!??), but they don't offer duplication...so, can anyone recommend a very cheap(but reliable) person or company to handle this? I tried Googling past Soulstrut threads, but I mostly found local pick up style companies(LA,etc)..and this would need to be shipped to South Carolina. Thanks to anyone that can help me out.

Comments

• By the way, the cheapest I have found after Googling is $500 for 1000 cds(50 cents per cd).

• TNGTNG 234 Posts
    Beware of cheap printing. It's generally done on low grade digital press andcomes out looking like those flyers you see scattered in front of clubs Sunday morning at 4:30.

50 cents per disc is the average, but places like Oasis will sometimes do specials. Keep in mind that 50 cents won't include jewel boxes or insertion of your inserts. And if you're thinking that stuffing 1000 CDs is gonna be a fun weekend, think again. You'll kick yourself when you realize that tray cards don't magically fold into place.

• Beware of cheap printing. It's generally done on low grade digital press andcomes out looking like those flyers you see scattered in front of clubs Sunday morning at 4:30.

50 cents per disc is the average, but places like Oasis will sometimes do specials. Keep in mind that 50 cents won't include jewel boxes or insertion of your inserts. And if you're thinking that stuffing 1000 CDs is gonna be a fun weekend, think again. You'll kick yourself when you realize that tray cards don't magically fold into place.

Yeah..but no folding needed. These are just typical shitty 1 panel inserts(I wont be handling any of this stuff anyway, just placing the orders and having it shipped out to dude)...and I actually just found out that a dude I design covers for in Atlanta offers .50 cents per CD also, but that includes the thermal printing on the CD as well as slim jewel cases as well. Thanks, for the heads up though.