80 Bars. (Texas Rap-Related)

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I counted 'em all.Trae "The Truth"But damn, why the hell did they have to fade it out?! Let the man go another 80, you know??P.S. Why is the name of the loop escaping me? "I wanna thank yooooooooou!!!"

Comments

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Loop is Alicia Myers - I Want To Thank You

Thanks for posting this!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Loop is Alicia Myers - I Want To Thank You

Thanks for posting this!

Yes! Thank YOU!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    this shit is ridiculous. i won't listen to anything else until i buy this shit on tuesday. chyeahhh

this shit is ridiculous. i won't listen to anything else until i buy this shit on tuesday. chyeahhh

It's leaked, hoLmes.

Truth be told, some of the beats bore me this time around ('cept this one - you can't really go wrong with a classic simply looped). And that track with Lil Wayne sounds unmastered. I'm feeling the last one better, but still, I ain't mad at it.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    so copped

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

It's leaked, hoLmes.

Truth be told, some of the beats bore me this time around ('cept this one - you can't really go wrong with a classic simply looped). And that track with Lil Wayne sounds unmastered. I'm feeling the last one better, but still, I ain't mad at it.
    yeah, i saw it up somewhere but im going to wait. i thought that lil wayne track sounded good on all the mixtapes i heard it on, weird.

restless is hard to live up to...

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Here's the Alicia Myers joint for anyone that doesn't have it:
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/43651111742f13/

Where can I cop that bobblehead? I'm pretty sure I need that in my life.

• I'm with that. But yo, are his vocals hella loud/the beat really low?

I'm with that. But yo, are his vocals hella loud/the beat really low?

That's what I'm saying! I DL'ed (what I think to be) the officially copy and some of the songs sound like their mixtape quality mastering!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    mike dean mixed and mastered the entire album so maybe the version floating around isn't the official

• Speaking of Texas-rap. I remember this track from a Rapid-Ric sampler mix a few years back, that I would like to get a full file of. It had the "Still Tippin" strings and Devin rapping on it. Anybody know what I'm referring to? MP3 please?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I'm feeling the last one better, but still, I ain't mad at it.

Only played it all the way through once so far but have to agree that, while this isn't a poor album by any means, this isn't up there with the brilliance of Restless. The guest spots seem more intrusive this time and the album less of a coherent whole than Restless which was one of those rare incidences where it felt like an album rather than a collection of tracks.

That Truth track is superb though and liking Against All Odds with 2pac as well.

Also, please to school me on the lack of Z-Ro on this release. Is this just due to his incarceration during recording?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Also, please to school me on the lack of Z-Ro on this release. Is this just due to his incarceration during recording?
    beef between them again for one reason or another

beef between them again for one reason or another

Aha, cheers Brian. I've just googled it and didn't realise that they haven't been communicating in years and that even the collab on Restless is actually old lyrics from Z-Ro. Shame.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I like Restless just fine, but it's common knowledge that...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> [/b]

Haven't hard the new album in full yet...

I like Restless just fine, but it's common knowledge that...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> [/b]

Haven't hard the new album in full yet...

I actually finally got round to picking up Losing Composure a few weeks ago and so far, while it's a damn fine album, I'm still preferring the coherent feel of Restless. Maybe it's just down to that being my first exposure to Trae's style who know and I haven't had a chance to play it out much yet so I'll give it some more rotation over the next couple of weeks and see.