~JUSTICE 'LIVE'~ (ED BANGER RELATED)

NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
All the Blah blah blah, I liked them when they were cool six months ago, american apparel knob twittling hipster music, mtv video mainstream aside.I peeped Justice live on Friday along with 4000 stoked people at Metropolis in Montreal and I must say:A) The Montreal music/nightlife scene is one of the more energetic in North America.B) Their soundsystem melted my face offC) I was skeptical about going to watch two skinny french dudes staring laptops "perform" electro-rock-disco-house music, but in the end they really surprised me and put on a super fun 'live' show.D) Would this genre be called 'emo rave'?E) If they come to a town near you, I would recommend checking it outBONUS:F) The female situation in Montreal is beyond comprehensionDoes the soulstrut intellegencia back Ed Banger?

Comments

• covecove 1,566 Posts

F) The female situation in Montreal is beyond comprehension

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

A) The Montreal music/nightlife scene is one of the more energetic in North America.

Plus a helathy mix of more acoustic smaller venues for smaller organic montreal local bands of high grade (afrobeat,reggae and bandbacked hiphop)

F) The female situation in Montreal is beyond comprehension

Thats a given

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Who's ed banger?

I went to see kid sister and a-track at the roxy and his whole set sounded like this stuff.

Was i into it? Not really.

Were there girls there? Yes really. daaaaamn.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Bizzo, you were here & you didn't holler?

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Who's ed banger?

I went to see kid sister and a-track at the roxy and his whole set sounded like this stuff.

I was there, too bad we missed each other. That was a fun show.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    D) Would this genre be called 'emo rave'?

Nah, because there is no element of depression, maybe some angst though. The term ???Indie Disco??? is generally how they???re described down here.

I saw them twice in one night when they came to Melbourne. They played quite a diverse set, for the indie disco scene at least. It was high impact and stayed far away from the major ???radio??? hits. Although they ended with ???killing in the name of??? by RATM ??? which is hugely played out down here and I was a bit disappointed by that.

Still, they do a very energetic show and I highly recommend them.

• D) Would this genre be called 'emo rave'?

Nah, because there is no element of depression, maybe some angst though. The term ???Indie Disco??? is generally how they???re described down here.

I saw them twice in one night when they came to Melbourne. They played quite a diverse set, for the indie disco scene at least. It was high impact and stayed far away from the major ???radio??? hits. Although they ended with ???killing in the name of??? by RATM ??? which is hugely played out down here and I was a bit disappointed by that.

Still, they do a very energetic show and I highly recommend them.

Those were both dj sets though, the week before when they played 'live' at the parklife festival they were pretty disappointing in my opinion. They didn't really build up any momentum. Although they were forced to stop for ~10 minutes while security got some coked up dickhead off the lighting rig, which killed the mood somewhat.

Who's ed banger?

I went with pistol pete off here too. It was last minute guest list type thing or i would have posted.

I looked around and thought of soulstrut though. lol.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Bizzo, you were here & you didn't holler?

It was a last minute thing, didn't get up there until 9PM on Friday, left Saturday morning. Not much chill time.

• Saw them in Minneapolis and it was insane. I'd never seen that many people inside this one venue (holds about 600 - 800) all in a really good mood all at once. Their stage setup was incredible (even if it was all non-functional and just for show).

The Metallica encore was

I guess.

this is what the a-track set sounded like too.

crowd was real hype. crowdsurfing and shit.

I dont really get it. I think im getting old.

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    Who's ed banger?

it was, the atrak/mehdi set was off the hook!

ed banger's the french label that houses justice/sebation/kavinski/kid sister/etc.

• ed banger's the french label that houses justice/sebation/kavinski/kid sister/etc.

She's on Catchdubs' label Fool's Gold.

Here is some footage from Friday.

Really insane. This video does a good job of showing the energy.

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    ed banger's the french label that houses justice/sebation/kavinski/kid sister/etc.

She's on Catchdubs' label Fool's Gold.

yeap, right indeed. oops.

• DANCE is cool, the Alan Braxe remix is pretty good. But man, a lot of the scene and the types that go to that shit seem mad contrived.

I hear you, but why waste your energy hating on the crowd?

It's all about the music maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

• I can should accept your point, but maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan that's like your opinion man.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    But man, a lot of the scene and the types that go to that shit seem mad contrived.

Here people call it "School for cool".

Aside from all that hipster scene shit, I can honestly say that Ed Banger is one of the freshest labels out right now without question. The music is hit and miss, but they're trying new things and their designer So-me is kinda dope.

There's some real vets involved with the label too, Busy P (owner and former manager for Daft Punk), DJ Mehdi has been on the hip-hop scene for a minute and is a great live DJ and Mr.Oizo who has been doing his thing for years.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Whoa Medhi's married to Uffie? Didn't know that.