G.O.A.T. Wedding singer & band

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
went to a wedding last night...wedding band featured Skip Pitts (G.O.A.T. Blaxploitation guitarist: "shaft" "tough guys" "Truck Turner" s well as dozens of Isaac Hayes recordings, also on Rufus'"Itch and Scratch") Ben Cauley (only surviving member of the OG Bar Kays) and the singer...John Gary Williams...now THAT is a wedding band. Whoa!

Comments

• Who is the man who would risk his neck for brother man?
    CHAD![/b]

• i heard about this wedding.

any bootlegs?

i actually caught (by total accident) a really funky wedding band couple months ago out near topenga canyon. they did "what you won't do for love" by bobby caldwell, tore that shit up! they also did a really soulful and convincing rendition of "crazy" by gnarls barkley. sounds corny but this band was made up of all soul vets. they killed it. they also played "the chicken" by jb.

• Who is the man who would risk his neck for brother man?
    CHAD![/b]

talk about a great idea a few seconds too late

• After the wedding I DJ'd in Omaha the other month, I was walking with a couple of the groomsmen from the venue to the adjoining hotel. There were at least a couple of other weddings going on, and we passed one with a live band. Since it was past midnight and things were winding down, I wandered in and shot a flick. Check out some prime live yacht rock.... being performed nowhere near the ocean:

Click to download the 180K 3G2 video file, delete the .txt extension, and play with QuickTime