Ju-Par Universal Orchestra cover question

YemskyYemsky 709 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I have a question regarding the cover of Ju-Par Universal Orchestra's "Moods And Grooves". I always thought these were both original covers... ... with the second one the rarer one which was used for the vinyl and CD re-issue.What is this then ?

Comments

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    the bottom one is the reissue (or... i might have the two waterfalls mixed up) - anyway ones the og, ones the original. I never noticed they didnt use the original waterfall till i saw the og and reish side by side one day.

• YemskyYemsky 709 Posts
    So you are saying the larger waterfall is ONLY on the reissue?

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    So you are saying the larger waterfall is ONLY on the reissue?

my guess is that the reissue has a cover thats unique to the reissue, for some odd reason. (i forget which is which, but if youve seen a reish and its got the large waterfall, then im saying only the reish has the large one.)

this is a guess though. maybe some ballers can chime in, people who have seen multiple copies of the originals.

• I have a question regarding the cover of Ju-Par Universal Orchestra's "Moods And Grooves". I always thought these were both original covers...

... with the second one the rarer one which was used for the vinyl and CD re-issue.

What is this then ?

I think both waterfall covers are originals although the recent repress has the big waterfall on it. If you take a peek on Popsike you'll find both being sold as originals.
    I consider the one with the headphones chick an original as well since it was released because nobody was interested in a record with a waterfall on the cover back then.
    Great record.

• Waterfall covers are first and second pressings, not really sure in what order but very close to each other, both sold as originals. They are also both on heavy cardboard stock.

Headphone chick was pressed a few years later after the Ju-Par label was sold to a major, it's on the flimsy white cardboard stock.

MCF

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Back in the days I used to pull this out of the ez listening bins on the regular. Never noticed there were 2 different waterfalls. Don't think I even noticed it in this thread till someone mentioned it.

I always preferred the headphones cover which in my experience is just as hard to find and from about the same time.

• shheeeeeeeeeeeiiit. id trade a crate of records to be sitting by either of those waterfalls with no responsibilities.
    headphone chick can fallback.

• i actually have only ever found headphone girl. in abundance. never the warefall. ionce found headphone girl at two straight thriftshops within one hour of each other