Graphic Designers,do you have a WACOM to sell me?

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I think my girl is going to get me one for Christmas(long overdue, but I think it's about time to get one..finally). Looking for the Wacom Intuos in good shape at a decent price. Anyone have one they arent using anymore, or just didnt like after buying it? Or maybe you upgraded to the Cintiq model and no longer need your Intuos. If you are anyone you know may have one to sell, gimme a holler. Not trying to spend stupid cash(you can get pretty good deals on Ebay), but I figured I would ask on here first..since I know there a lot of people on here in the design field(or have close friends in the field). Holler at me in this thread or drop me a PM.Thanks!

Comments

• Also, for people in the know..is there any general rules to tablets that I should know about before I commit to one? I have always been told Wacom is the way to go, but are there any certain ones to stray clear from? Any certain models,sizes,etc?

For example..this seems like a hell of a deal. This one was recently sold on Ebay..
    Wacom Intuos 9x12 Graphics Tablet with Pen & 4D Mouse - $159.50, $20 S/H

I think I would love the big surface(9x12 seems like it would be awesome). I see that one went for a pretty cheap price, compared to other Intuos models that are a lot smaller that went for the basically the same price, or even higher for that matter. Why is this? Are the larger models not as good or something? I just cant understand why someone would pay the same price for a 4x6(of the same model), when they could get a MUCH larger version for basically the same price. Whats the reasoning behind this? School me, pros.

• Damn..no one?

• Just use a pencil dog

• I'm in the market for one too..so i'm glad you started this thread.

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    the 9x12 intuos is the way to go, has more pressure sensitivity and is the ideal size IMO. All wacom alternatives i've seen so far are usually crap. Wacoms are pretty sturdy too, so getting a second-hand one doesnt seem that much of a risk to me

*edit - I was talking about the intuos 3 series, don't know about the older models

• Just got one. The small Bamboo model. Trying it out. I don't like that you have to be so close to the board (3mm) to move the cursor. I've used a pen on a Tablet PC before that had a much longer range and preferred it.

Still, I've only been on it a few minutes now. Will try it with Photoshop and see what happens.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Outstanding! I just had a discussion about these today.
    I notice the resale value is pretty low.
    Is it a smart move to buy one of these second hand or do problems arise over time with use?

• Let us know how the Bamboo works out for you. I've heard some very mixed reviews. The price is very nice..but if it doesn't do the basics or isn't very sensitive..i'm just going to hold out for an Intuous.

Just got one. The small Bamboo model. Trying it out. I don't like that you have to be so close to the board (3mm) to move the cursor. I've used a pen on a Tablet PC before that had a much longer range and preferred it.

Still, I've only been on it a few minutes now. Will try it with Photoshop and see what happens.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    intuos is worth the $. can't say i've used others, but its perfect