SKYDIVING

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
i'm not talkin' freddie hubbard. has anybody jumped out of a plane?peace, stein. . . .

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    if that shiat was about to crash and i had a chute, yeah, but other than that, non-cipher.

• Special_EdSpecial_Ed 315 Posts
    Yeah, I've been... the stuff was BANANAS (NoStefani)

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Ive been wanting to for years. Wheres a place close to l.a. that they do it at?

My friends went and it was like 250 bucks to jump tandem.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I did it twice about 14 years ago. Totally RAD and SIK, as AP would say. Nothing else like it.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    never done it, want to though, i almost did for a friends birthday about a year ago, we drove 4 hours east in the middle of nowhere, then the crazy hick dudes told us we couldnt go due to weather...

ive bungee jumped though, if that counts at all...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    jumping out of a plane?
    honestly, i'd be too scared to really jump. i could never ever jump out of a plane. it's not that safe! plus it'd be the worst kind of dying... just imagine!

i'd like to drive with a pro rally driver though. and i love to drive on dirt roads. i did that in sweden a lot. sometimes, when noone's watching, i like to drive directly through a cornfield too! try it! it's great!
    did you ever walk on a crowded street with closed eyes? I did that when I was in high school? it's kinda dangerous, because some people freak out when you hit them.

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    Yeah, I did a couple of fixed-line jumps several years ago. It was hot - getting out of the plane and letting go was easier than I thought it would be. They do a class beforehand where they walk you through the steps & by the time I got up there I was ready to go. I think it was about $120.

• yup. In New Zealand about 5 years ago. Shit is CRAZY fun. It's an all day high.

• deepbrntdeepbrnt 241 Posts
    do that shit. chutes are safe and programmed to open at a certain altitude anyway. and if theres a flaw, shit man, there's worse ways to go out. watch out for the duderonomy around these parts though, definitely a bro-cal thing. soo extreme mannn...

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I wanted to do it until I had two friends go and have a bad time saying "never do it". I'm sure it can be really cool. But my one friend had the wind come up on him and almost fried in some power lines. Had to yank his feet up to his chest just to miss them. but, plenty of people do it safe and have a good time.

• Options
    I did it twice, once in Oahu and once in Vancouver. It's a good time, especially if you do it in a scenic area.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    i'm not talkin' freddie hubbard. has anybody jumped out of a plane?
    peace, stein. . . .

I thought about doing it until I saw the cost of lessons. I recall it adding up to a few grand.

• deepbrntdeepbrnt 241 Posts
    Nah
    Would be like $150 at most first time including the prep class. It gets cheaper after the first 5 times too, eventually you just pay for altitude.