Sat 10.20 - Dubwise Sessions 13 w/ See-I - Bklyn!

djdrmdjdrm 28 Posts
edited October 2007 in Announcements
Yes Yes!It's that time of the month again for us to gear upfor the wickedest little dub & reggae session thisside of Trenchtown....The Dubwise Sessions --- heldin that intimate Japanese speakeasy loft that isStudio BPM!This month find's DC's See-I with full live bandjoining us on-stage. For those of you not familiarwith See-I - they're the vocalists who regularlyappear on Thievery Corporation's more dubwise tunes onmany of their albums, and tour as a part ThieveryCorporation's live show...they've been doing their ownthing for a while now, and are pushing their wicked +unique dub sound out more than ever! (Look out for anupcoming 10" from these guys on Bastard Jazz in thenear future!)Also playing live will be Main Space, a new projectfrom many core members of Chimp Beams, Akoya AfrobeatEmsemble and Mariane. This new project features heavyheavy dub stylings, with traditional Japaneseinstrumentation and melody dubbed out in that swirlingechoplex style by Marihito Ayabe.If that's not enough, our man DJ LionDub will bedropping tunes alongside DJ DRM... - keeping itstrictly roots, rockers, rubadub, rocksteady, andriddimwize in between, before, during and after sets!BPM is Located @ 237 Kent Ave b/w Grand and n. 1st -Williamsburg, BK ("L" to Bedford Ave)$7 Suggested Donation.Doors @ 10PM --- EARLY ARRIVAL SUGGESTED!--------Also, for those of you looking for something to doearly on Friday evening, Bastard Jazz's DJ DRM will bedropping some beats and treats alongside Denver's DJIvy at the well known street art group WOOSTERCOLLECTIVE's new book release party @ Studio 5-in-1 inWmsburg - there will probably be some free drinkaction and great music, so come on by early on.Studio 5-in-1 is 60 n. 6th St between Kent and Wythein Wmsburg. "L" to Bedford. FREE!7-9PMHope to see you all!