Joe Bussard (SP?) on NPR

volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Bob Edwards had a Joe interview this morning. XM radio replays Bob's show at night and you should be able to get a pod cast on the NPR web site. Depending on your local NPR schedule you still may be able to catch it. Do not miss this!!!!!! Joe would kill you, but some one needs to chop up that interview into a Moodyman remix. Vocal stabs for days!!!!!!!!!!!!! The big pay off is when Joe plays slide guitar with a screwdriver!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Ever seen those pictures of Joe with a 32-tooth shit-eating grin and his eyes closed? That would make a cool graemlin...

• ^agreed.

Id reccomend joe bussard's treasure trove of vintage 78s cds to anyone here. Dude's got stories.

• Someone needs to write the definitive book on thos guys (Boussard, John Fahey, Gail Dean Wardlow, Bob Hite etc) who were driving around the rural south and urban centers back in the 50's and 60's tracking down rare blues and country 78s. There must be some amazing stories.

• TNGTNG 234 Posts
    Someone needs to write the definitive book on thos guys (Boussard, John Fahey, Gail Dean Wardlow, Bob Hite etc) who were driving around the rural south and urban centers back in the 50's and 60's tracking down rare blues and country 78s. There must be some amazing stories.

Great idea with a sadly limited marketplace.We're starting a publishing company to do smaller books like this, so if anyone wants to write it, get at me.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Someone needs to write the definitive book on thos guys (Boussard, John Fahey, Gail Dean Wardlow, Bob Hite etc) who were driving around the rural south and urban centers back in the 50's and 60's tracking down rare blues and country 78s. There must be some amazing stories.

Yea, it's right in line with that Crumb thread. Anything past 1933 is crap!!!! Joe was totally railing on how people have no idea what blues, jazz and country really sounds like.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Ever seen those pictures of Joe with a 32-tooth shit-eating grin and his eyes closed? That would make a cool graemlin...

Here's one I posted on waxidermy about 10 months ago:

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

Here's one I posted on waxidermy about 10 months ago:

Now add him playing the guitar with a screwdriver for a new "get on my level" or "shedding it" graemlin.