all you people complaining...

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
why don't y'all talk about records instead?About a year or so back I caught a gospel record by a dude named Stan Lee. It looked kind of cool and it had a couple of the funk brothers playing rhythm. After taking it home I was left pretty dissapointed. Justin/ Jinx asked me about the record and that made me think that maybe I was just missing something, well it turns out I was, Stan Lee had another album and this one was actually worth having.I began hunting down the other San Lee LP. A couple of strutters had copies on ebay that I had bid on and lost and then, after over 12 months of hunting I ran in to Shig and 33 1/3 this weekend and ol Grandpa pulls one out for me. So now I have my precious gospel funk raer and got to rock it on a sunday morning.Good times.All you complainers out there tell me about a longtime want that you finally tracked down and the joy in finding it

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Post deleted by jaymack

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Stan Lee Revue?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Stan Lee Revue?

yessir

Los Angeles gospel from 1979.

I likes it manny

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    plaese to post which Stan Lee is the good one -

I've been ignoring a cheap local copy for months ...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    plaese to post which Stan Lee is the good one -

I've been ignoring a cheap local copy for months ...

the red bordered one I put a picture of in my initial post is the one to get.

that other one on Birthright is a turd.

Maybe we need a quality Birthright label post?

*be right back*

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

the red bordered one I put a picture of in my initial post is the one to get.

that other one on Birthright is a turd.

hmmm ... maybe it's just me, but the pic in your initial
    post is of a keychain on a hand giving the thumbs up ... some
    sort of hotlink blocker or something?

Anyway, I think the one I see around is the terd ... the cover
    looks like the David Ruffin LP where he has his head in his hands ...

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    For me it was the Temptations: Psychedelic Shack.

I know some of you Americans must be shaking your heads and laughing in disbelief but that damn record managed to avoid me in New Zealand, Australia, Sweden and Holland.

I finally found it in a tiny store in Amsterdam for 10 euro.

i almost shit my pants.

Fuck i love the Temptations.

The track 'Zoom' of the album 1990 is that shit too. Once sat in my mates beanbag and we listened to zoom and War's 4 cornered room back to back all day.

we used to smoke a lot of weed.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I know some of you Americans must be shaking your heads and laughing in disbelief but that damn record managed to avoid me in New Zealand, Australia, Sweden and Holland.

I feel your pain NZ.

Gospel does seem like an intersting genre, but it gets filed away with most of the Waxidermy American folk stuff, thats just never going to turn up in my local record digging experience, only on ebay for double the price.

Apart from the Milton Wright 45 I mentioned in the play on repeat thread, I think Nara Leao - O Canto Livre De Nara, was the last thing to turn up after some wait, and that record can't fail to make you happy.

• "Jesus Will Help Me" and "Thoughs Were The Days" are killing it for me.

Sadly, this is my introduction to Gospel, so I know I'm late in the game.