Yuichi and Young Phonics ???????

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I don't read most the hip hop threads so I have a hard time following the beefs on here. This weekend I saw YP make a totally ban worthy attack on Yuchi's mother sister and race. No seemed to blink an eye. I assumed this was either some kind of fun they were having or a long time beef spilled over from some disagreement on who is the GOAT rapper.Both guys have always seemed nice to me. I think Y might have stopped in Jump Jump once, but I can't be sure. So why the beef? How do we get them to shut up?

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    you couldn't have posted this in the YP/Yuichi thread already going?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    you couldn't have posted this in the YP/Yuichi thread already going?

yeah, are you looking for attention or what?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I don't read most the hip hop threads so I have a hard time following the beefs on here.

This weekend I saw YP make a totally ban worthy attack on Yuchi's mother sister and race. No seemed to blink an eye.

I assumed this was either some kind of fun they were having or a long time beef spilled over from some disagreement on who is the GOAT rapper.

Both guys have always seemed nice to me. I think Y might have stopped in Jump Jump once, but I can't be sure.

So why the beef? How do we get them to shut up?

The f---ed up thing is that I've become so desensitized to anti-Asian racism, I'm sort of oblivious to it.

• Please expand upon this "anti-asian racism".

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    It was a crack about dude's mother and sister and giant phallic symbols more than Asian racism.

Bottom line is how you gonna talk shit about someone (let alone their Mom's) who you crow about having on ignore.

I'm gonna keep callin' it a pussy move until YP puts ME on ignore.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    giant phallic symbols

Rock, don't come here talking like Walt Whitman, those were giant wood dicks, not "symbols"

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    It was a crack about dude's mother and sister and giant phallic symbols more than Asian racism.

Bottom line is how you gonna talk shit about someone (let alone their Mom's) who you crow about having on ignore.

I'm gonna keep callin' it a pussy move until YP puts ME on ignore.

YEah, I saw that. I was asking why he did that. Where did it all start and why would 2 otherwise decent guys being doing that?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    giant phallic symbols

Rock, don't come here talking like Walt Whitman, those were giant wood dicks, not "symbols"

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

Funniest shit I've read in a long ass time. "Those were giant wood dicks!"

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Summarizing, I would like to say, this latest offense by Young Phonics is one of countless daily examples of how frustrated grown men hold e-grudges and run around looking in threads to diss/harass those they hold a grudge against.

I wouldn't be surprised now-a-days if I start a thread like "What chu listening to?" and it would turn into how Dirk Nowitzki is gay or how Harvey wears boxers with Z-Ro printed on 'em. If the jokes were this light-hearted, nobody would give a fuck. But it's not. There's malicious intent. And there are repeated offenders.

10 years from now, there will be a cyber police, and dudes would go to jail without a meal plan. I hope you guys understand where I'm coming from.

I'm not talking about Vincent Chin racism. But replace the women/crowd in the photo with some, say, Black women...and then a caption that goes, "Why you gotta put Batmon's mom and sister on blast?"

Need I offer up other examples?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

10 years from now, there will be a cyber police

we don't have to wait 10 years, we have moderators over here. Too bad they are all drunk and absent

• It was a crack about dude's mother and sister and giant phallic symbols more than Asian racism.

I'm not talking about Vincent Chin racism. But replace the women/crowd in the photo with some, say, Black women...and then a caption that goes, "Why you gotta put Batmon's mom and sister on blast?"

Need I offer up other examples?

But doggie, like I said in another thread that didn't happen. I see your point but also I think you're basically speculating on shit that isn't the case. We could be here for days imaging a different scenario and the people it could offend.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    we don't have to wait 10 years, we have moderators over here. Too bad they are all drunk and absent

I thought they were the reason I say frickin and use random symbols for expletives.

EX: $h!t, F*ck, etc. I would like to see some more interesting symbol usage in cursing.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Like I said in the other thread, ITS JUST THE INTERNET. CHILL.

if you guys said that about o dub instead everyone on here would being throwing a hissy fit.

Troof.

but it didn't happen and also Oliver is my dude and an amazing contributor to the board with music, pop culture, and baby pics.

Obviously, nothing the boy Yuich-$ does

Page 2 from this gem

• Like I said in the other thread, ITS JUST THE INTERNET. CHILL.

TAKE THAT SANTA CRUZ PEACE-NICK SHIT TO "IEATATSATURNSCAFE.COM", SON!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

10 years from now, there will be a cyber police, and dudes would go to jail without a meal plan. I hope you guys understand where I'm coming from.

No, I don't think anybody does understand where you're coming from with that foolishness.

No, I don't think anybody does see where you're coming form with that.

Between the time I found you charming with your wit until now, I think my respect for you is virtually gone. You dudes poke your head in and assume no responsibility. Fall back, for now. This was a joke.

• I can't believe that YP would have the audacity to assume that Yuichi's parents are Asian!!!

• I have no opinion on this particular dispute, but in general I think we need a "That's Not Racist!" graemlin.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

No, I don't think anybody does see where you're coming form with that.

Between the time I found you charming with your wit until now, I think my respect for you is virtually gone. You dudes poke your head in and assume no responsibility. Fall back, for now. This was a joke.

Zzzzzzz

Nobody on a record discussion board is responsible for your feelings, dude.

If you want people to be stung by the announcement that you don't respect them, then start acting like somebody whose respect people would covet.

I think a little time away from SoulStrut might be good for you.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Like I said in the other thread, ITS JUST THE INTERNET. CHILL.

TAKE THAT SANTA CRUZ PEACE-NICK SHIT TO "IEATATSATURNSCAFE.COM", SON!

HAHAHA. Now THAT is comedy right there.

b/w

I ain't into that vegan-only shit. Saturn is gross.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I wish this thread would have happened tomorrow while at work. Would have been a way to kill some time.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    asian's can't win. i'm ready to accept it. both types of asians.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    My question is: Why are Young Phonics and Yuchi fighting?

I'm sure it did not start today with that photo. Seems to me it is an on going thing. Am I wrong in thinking they are otherwise decent folk?

Is Young Phonics the same person as Young Einstien?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Am I wrong in thinking they are otherwise decent folk?

Is Young Phonics the same person as Young Einstien?

At the end of the day - this is just a really strange beef. It's not a battle worth fighting for anyone.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Funniest shit I've read in a long ass time.

No doubt! That was some golden-era JLR genius right there. Laughing out loud for real.