The Return of Black Vinyl Junky!

Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Takayuki brings the raer! This might as well be his contribution to the most recent manifestation of the common v. raer debate. Heavy stuff here, friends; in my dustiest digging days I never pulled a Mike Taylor (a Canadian albeit West Coast LP).01. Bobby Hamilton Quintet Unlimited / Pearl 02. 'Thesda / Holding Back 03. John Danser Octet / Cool 04. Fred Costello / Carryin' On 05. Mike Taylor & Company / Brute Force 06. Three Of Us / Here Comes David 07. Manteca / Afro Funky 08. Moonlyte / Better Late Than Never 09. Augustine Ramirez / Pack My Bag 10. Frankie Zhivago / Someone Stole Your Love 11. King James Version / I'll Still Love You 12. Topics / Keep Dancin'13. Eric Dunbar / Super Love14. Marvin Whoremonger / Going To The Top 15. United Family / Mama Feelgood 16. Sidewinders / Flat Foot Hustlin'Tune in to Waxing Deep this afternoon at 2PM EST (http://131.202.58.34:8000/listen.pls) to hear it live or check the podcast at www.waxingdeep.org this evening.

Comments

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Live now.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Live now.

Listening now. Danno how the hell are ya??

I'm doing great! I've just been lurking on the board for a month or so, but I'm back in full procrastination (i.e. too much time on the Strut) mode.

Why are people calling that John Danser LP a turd? Based on that track it sounds pretty good to me.

• Why are people calling that John Danser LP a turd? Based on that track it sounds pretty good to me.

Different john danser I believe (not "inferno"). On the grapevine label, same as a few other nice fusion records, should that be your thing. "Inferno" is definitely a turd. I picked up a copy for $8 and felt ripped off.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    for some reason can't find the black vinyl junky site in my book marks, anyone have a link?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Why are people calling that John Danser LP a turd? Based on that track it sounds pretty good to me.

Different john danser I believe (not "inferno"). On the grapevine label, same as a few other nice fusion records, should that be your thing. "Inferno" is definitely a turd. I picked up a copy for $8 and felt ripped off.
    I've heard some tracks from Danser's Inferno and I just don't get
    why people sweat this album.

Cool on the other hand=