BARLEY SERIES 1 (YTR)

PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I first read about this dude on now defunct TVGOHOME.com. Fuckin A+Episode 1 of 6 in 3 parts. The other 15 are all on Youtube and get better. The one where he gets to bed a cutie but can't help rapping his way through is priceless.

Comments

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Geek pie!

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Geek pie!

Johnny Rotten meets Jackson Pollard.

Episode 2

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I cannot emphasise enough how on-the-money this is. I live a short bus ride from where a lot of this was filmed/set, and the place is awash with real-life Nathan Barleys, all of whom would deny being anything like our eponymous hero, but who are probably secretly thrilled that their world is considered worthy of even this kind of treatment.

My boy Charlie plays the magazine editor, Jonatton Yeah?, and has just started playing a secondary cast member in "Coronation Street", the longest-running TV series in UK history.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    This series makes today's Williamsburg seem like Harlem during the 20s.

But then I don't go to Vice mag parties.

My boy Charlie plays the magazine editor, Jonatton Yeah?

Hilarious and co.

• I don't read this forum often enough so don't know if its already been posted but 'bout time. In fact I told that guy who went on blind date who posts on here to go watch it as he came out with a Barleyesque comment (unbeknownst to him) ages ago.

Apparently there might be another series in the offing

I cannot emphasise enough how on-the-money this is. I live a short bus ride from where a lot of this was filmed/set, and the place is awash with real-life Nathan Barleys, all of whom would deny being anything like our eponymous hero, but who are probably secretly thrilled that their world is considered worthy of even this kind of treatment.

yeah but even when it came out, all the london heads kind of said that dissing that whole Hoxton scene was a bit played out by then

My boy Charlie plays the magazine editor, Jonatton Yeah?, and has just started playing a secondary cast member in "Coronation Street", the longest-running TV series in UK history.

I thought I recognised that woofter.

laters treacle slit

• oh yeah Chris Morris is the kind of cat that would put stuff in the background that you might miss first time round.

pause the frame with the police crime scene board in the last episode asking for info about pingu's attacker... haha

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

yeah but even when it came out, all the london heads kind of said that dissing that whole Hoxton scene was a bit played out by then

Hipsters, obviously

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I'm sure this has been said on theStrut before but Chris Morris = genius, and Charlie Brooker's pretty skill too.

The 'CUNT' excerps from tvgo here can be found here.

I have the Bournemouth University interview that wiki sites as sorce for there possibly being a second series, if anyones interested. (ita terrible quality though)

• charlie brookers wiki entry has some humour in there....

Brooker on Banksy.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/story/0,,1878555,00.html

Also that scene with Dan Ashscroft and 15Peter20 in the Pilot episode =