James Brown Question

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Is there a song called "Funky Soul" or something with funky soul in the chorus?I just heard it over the radio the other day, and really liked it.

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• doesn;t bobby byrd have a song by this title. maybe jb's get up and drive your funky soul.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Ok I give in.

Was it this?

http://www.zshare.net/audio/646999391231/

• the tune "funky soul" is on the "Cant Stand Myself" LP...but its an instro...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    so was that it?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The song can also be found on a 45: Funky Soul #1/The Soul of J.B. (King 1967)

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Here's a review and pic of the album as well:

http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/review/review_insert.php?item_id=881

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    This thread =

If that is the song, I gotta ask you, Yuichi, what brought you to Soulstrut?

• D - that link has like 40000 downloads !?!

and for sure its an bad look to ask about something then not respond to those responding to you! dude might have actually left his house for once, so perhaps judgements should be held for a hott minute

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    so was that it?

Bingo! Thanks Day.

This thread =

Dude, I've had a long day.........and i am tired and hungry. At least, I don't ask for MP3's. You're a frustrated old man, man. I'm sure there are bigger things to bitch about.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    This thread =

Dude, I've had a long day.........and i am tired and hungry. At least, I don't ask for MP3's. You're a frustrated old man, man.

Please. I just think this shit is funny. You ask a question, multiple people answer you and you bail out and post in other threads after people try to help you.
    Now you wanna talk shit?

This thread also made me wonder:
    Why are you on this board since the only record I've ever seen you talk about is Grover Washington Jr.'s "Winelight"?[/b]

I'm sure there are bigger things to bitch about.
    You're right. I'm just antagonizing you cause you get on my fuckin nerves.

Time to take Kingmost's advice for the first time ever.

the button is your friend

• GambleGamble 844 Posts

• Why are you on this board since the only record I've ever seen you talk about is Grover Washington Jr.'s "Winelight"?[/b]

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Nah, I'm over it.

• Nah, I'm over it.

rael talk

This thread =

Dude, I've had a long day.........and i am tired and hungry. At least, I don't ask for MP3's. You're a frustrated old man, man.

Please. I just think this shit is funny. You ask a question, multiple people answer you and you bail out and post in other threads after people try to help you.
    Now you wanna talk shit?

This thread also made me wonder:
    Why are you on this board since the only record I've ever seen you talk about is Grover Washington Jr.'s "Winelight"?[/b]

I'm sure there are bigger things to bitch about.

You're right. I'm just antagonizing you cause you get on my fuckin nerves.

Time to take Kingmost's advice for the first time ever.

the button is your friend

With all due respect (since you seem to command the respect of your fellow DJ friends), the HELL are you talking about?! I just came back from night class.

You're a whiny big piece of shit. I remember, you were the first one to start bitching on Record Day or something. And you probably didn't contribute a damn thing anyway or anything that people actually remember.

Please do me a favor and put me on ignore. NEXT! to the max.

Shit that bothers you on Soulstrut should be the least of anyone's worries (including yours). Don't you have a family and a DJ career and all that good stuff? WHAT ARE YOU MAD AT? Leave this internet beef shit to the 25 and under crowd. Even I am getting sick of making online enemies. Trust me when I say this, I'm a harmless dude. I don't fuck around when it comes to sports-related topics (if motherfuckers wanna come at me like that, then I'm down to battle) cuz I know shit. If you were ever ass-hurt in any of the sports-related topics and feel the need to make me the scapegoat in all your frustrations about the board, then I don't know what to say.

Check yourself before you start blaming others. Also, exercise does wonders.