WMA to MP3 converter for mac

fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
got a lot of albums from a friend and hes using a windows based computer, and ripped all the stuff as wma. is it any program out there that can make all these WMAs into MP3s for mac?please let me knowpeacefred

Comments

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    itunes

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    itunes

really? i can never get .wma files into itunes in the first place... please explain. thanks!

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    1. create a new playlist in itunes
    2. drag & drop wmv's into new playlist
    3. select all tracks
    4. from menu: ADVANCED > Convert Selection to MP3

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    You need to update to the latest version of iTunes for wma conversion. Older versions of itunes could not accept wma files. I guess in one of the latest updates they added wma support. Though any wma file with DRM will NOT be able to play or convert to mp3. Just drag and drop to your music library and it should automaticaly ask you if you want to convert it to mp3. Then select your encoding pref's from options.

• You need to update to the latest version of iTunes for wma conversion. Older versions of itunes could not accept wma files. I guess in one of the latest updates they added wma support. Though any wma file with DRM will NOT be able to play or convert to mp3. Just drag and drop to your music library and it should automaticaly ask you if you want to convert it to mp3. Then select your encoding pref's from options.

i got the newest itunes version, and i tried to "drag and drop", and tried to "import" and i tried to "add to itunes music library" it did NOT work.. the files are WMA files, but what the heck is DRM and how can i find out if these files are WITH or WITHOUT DRM?

im confused

fred

• You need to update to the latest version of iTunes for wma conversion. Older versions of itunes could not accept wma files. I guess in one of the latest updates they added wma support. Though any wma file with DRM will NOT be able to play or convert to mp3. Just drag and drop to your music library and it should automaticaly ask you if you want to convert it to mp3. Then select your encoding pref's from options.

i got the newest itunes version, and i tried to "drag and drop", and tried to "import" and i tried to "add to itunes music library" it did NOT work.. the files are WMA files, but what the heck is DRM and how can i find out if these files are WITH or WITHOUT DRM?

im confused

fred

DRM is digital rights nonsense to prevent sharing and mp3 converting, but this has nothing to do with your problem. Wish I could help on that front, but only paid for downloaded files are drm.

• BobBob 19 Posts
    I've never tried using itunes but I use EasyWMA which works really well. It does take time but I just have it running in the background. It was free when I got it but apparently now it's $10.

http://www.easywma.com/

• SWITCH

http://www.freemacware.com/switch/

Converts everything to everything.

- J

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    SWITCH

http://www.freemacware.com/switch/

Converts everything to everything.

- J

Switch is what I use.
    Great program.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I drag the files to my itunes folder. Right click on them. "Open with" > iTunes. Works for me.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    I was gonna post this same post yesterday but I figured it out.

Double click on WMA. Mine opened in Qucktime.

In quicktime go to > File > Export and you can export to Wav.

Drag n drop the wav into iTunes.

Convert the wav to MP3.

A bit of a process but I didn't feel like downloading some shitty freeware that day.

All the best,
    Chad