Shipping To Russia

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I checked Dustygroove's shipping cost for 1 LP to Russia, and it came to $47.50. Now, Dustygroove's in Chicago, and I'm in California, so I don't see that making a difference. But is this actually the approximate cost to ship a record to Russia? Doesn't seem right...

Comments

• I just shipped one LP from San Francisco to Moscow for $11.55. Maybe the fact Moscow is a big city makes a difference but I think Dustygrooves must be trippin...

• Ah, I didn't think that sounded right. Thanks, dude.

• I just shipped one LP from San Francisco to Moscow for $11.55. Maybe the fact Moscow is a big city makes a difference but I think Dustygrooves must be trippin...

Out of interest how long did it take to get there do you know?

I once tried to send a bunch of stuff from Moscow, and they told me at the post office it would take two weeks to get to Europe...

• Well I sent it about a week ago, and the guy hasn't left me any feedback yet, so who knows at this point. I would think it would be similar to regular airmail times, so it should arrive soon if it's not there already.

• they told me at the post office it would take two weeks to get to Europe...

That sounds about right, pretty much most of the stuff that I order from the US takes 10-14 days to arrive in the UK.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Everytime I get packages from Russia that shit takes about 3 weeks AIR MAIL, there's all these guidlines and waiting periods before things leave there... they need to check it a lot of the time because you can't send anything printed out of russia before a certain time...

peace.