in DC with teens ...where to eat

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
yo, i'mrolling to a convention in DC tomorrow with 4 of my youth workers.figured afterwards we'd go to U street and hit up Ben's Chili Bowl...is that still inexistence? poppin? worthwhile? is U street fun for a walk around?i'm looking for a good, vibrant/raucus, not expensive, fun dining spot in a DC area with some busy saturday night sidewalk life.any suggestions?hollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllerrrrrrrrrrwheres neville's shop at?is capital city records still around?

Comments

• Cap City is closed unfortunately.
    My shop, Som Records, is two blocks from Ben's (still kicking) at 1843 14th Street NW. I'm open 12-9 tomorrow.
    Lots of good eats close by. Saint-Ex (next door to my shop) has great food and a nice patio. Alero at 13th and U has great Mexican food. Loads of new spots on U as well.
    Adams Morgan (only 4 blocks west) has even more options. Brazilian, Ethiopian, Peruvian and more.
    My cell is 202-907-8586 is you get stuck somewhere.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    new orleans cafe in adams morgan is a good spot. 1 block away from where i spent my first decade on earth.

• WHAT UP T***!!!

• There are a bunch of restaurants around where Neville C's store is. And Ben's chili bowl is just a couple of blocks away.

Som Records
    1843 14th St. NW

• BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    I am gonna be rolling with some characters.
    neville, i will def pop my head into the shop

wooooohoooo
    i'm so excite

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    yo, i'mrolling to a convention in DC tomorrow with 4 of my youth workers.
    figured afterwards we'd go to U street and hit up Ben's Chili Bowl...

is that still inexistence? poppin? worthwhile? is U street fun for a walk around?
    i'm looking for a good, vibrant/raucus, not expensive, fun dining spot in a DC area with some busy saturday night sidewalk life.

Living in Baltimore and popping down to DC every month or so, I'm amazed at how quickly the U Street area changed. That's some major gentrification there. Ben's Chili Bowl is still a great spot, tho.

• Ben's Chili Bowl...

I want it now!