Friday evening sounds

inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
It`s friday evening here and i`m chillin with karin krogs "we could be flying" on the 1210s and a glass of local beer in my hand. i cancelled a gig in portugal for tonight because i didnt feel right and now i enjoy relaxing to some swedish jazz. not much goin on over here, but it feels just right. rep your state of mind for tonight.

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    the only sounds I can hear are in my head: "kill Visio programmers" and "just a few more hours more before you get to burn".

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    falling alseep at work looking forward to playing rap records for downtown meatheads and pretty pretty drunken ladies. my boy greg's 34th today. IT will be kicked.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

rep your state of mind for tonight.

its still 2:40 in the afternoon here, and im just waiting to bust out of here so i can go home and turn off the rest of the world

• "just a few more hours more before you get to burn".

BELEE' DAT!!!!!!

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

rep your state of mind for tonight.

its still 2:43 in the afternoon here, and im just waiting to bust out of here so i can go home and turn off the rest of the world beer.

CST's a bitch aint it?

• I'm angrily hitting the refresh button.

not really, I'm at work, about to write a report, and then go home this afternoon and chill.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    ok, so sorry if i teased you with the beer & chillin if you are all still workin over there.
    i can tell u, german beer is the main shit out there.

• ok, so sorry if i teased you with the beer & chillin if you are all still workin over there.

Well, yeah I would imagine that to be true...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    It`s friday evening here and i`m chillin with karin krogs "we could be flying" on the 1210s... relaxing to some swedish jazz.

yo, dannieboy... isn't she from norway?

i'm listening to the rationals lp on crewe and the new apocalypse - stainless soul. plus some super secret german library stuff (spinet funk).

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    and i'm drinking budweiser (czech budvar)... no local stuttgart beer to be found in marburg.

i'm listening to the rationals lp on crewe

as well you should. underrated 1969 elpee that a lot of rationals fans seem to hate on for some reason (they prefer their earlier singles, which were garagier), but this album is right up there with Detroit rock classix like the MC 5, Stooges, Brownsville Station, the Gories and Funkadelic

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

i'm listening to the rationals lp on crewe

as well you should. underrated 1969 elpee that a lot of rationals fans seem to hate on for some reason (they prefer their earlier singles, which were garagier), but this album is right up there with Detroit rock classix like the MC 5, Stooges, Brownsville Station, the Gories and Funkadelic

i bought this some years ago with a german soultrutter standing next to me.
    him: "what is it?"
    me: some good rock with soulish moments
    him: "hm."
    me: "soulman said he likes it."
    him: "OH!"
    me grining

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    mister grope. okay, karens from norway. point taken. the budweiser u are drinking is actually pretty good, not to compare with its US brother.
    its like OG compared to reissue.
    when will you be around next time? our party with tr??by was awesome man. you would have loved it. saturday i m spinning some jazz/funk/soul stuff here on the roof of a building.. sorta outdoor location, but very nice. you should come over for a beer and bring some heat.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

mister grope. okay, karens from norway. point taken. the budweiser u are drinking is actually pretty good, not to compare with its US brother.
    its like OG compared to reissue.

saturday i m spinning some jazz/funk/soul stuff here on the roof of a building.. sorta outdoor location, but very nice. you should come over for a beer and bring some heat.

tomorrow? i can't come...

my dj skills suck. last time, some 14 year old stuttgart kids told me that my funk music isn't funky enough.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    the Gories

Yes!

OK, I've calmed down a little now.

I'm cleaning up my desk ( ) and listening to BreakSelf's amazing CD. This Monticellos track is KILLING me.

Fifth anniversary for my night tomorrow, long weekend for Canadian Thanksgiving - it's all beginning to look much better.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I'm lounging low
    loading up eSnipe
    listening to some Os Brazoes Brazil psych.

FAT
    HAPPY
    GOD BLESS AMERICA
    FREE SABADABADA

• i can tell u, german beer is the main shit out there.

I got some Einbecker waiting for me at home for before I go out. Drank some Weltenburger last night.

Listening to some sound samples from Yma Sumac "Miracales" not so good.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I better hear the sound of my bat going 3 for 3 in my softball game tonight after going "0fer" last week.

Then I'll hear the sound of beer cans poppin' and trees burnin'.

And on the drive home I'll be blasting Steve Parks whether we win or lose.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts

I got some Einbecker waiting for me at home for before I go out. Drank some Weltenburger last night.

Listening to some sound samples from Yma Sumac "Miracales" not so good.

please to explain what einbecker is. never heard that before. north german beer?

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts

tomorrow? i can't come...

my dj skills suck. last time, some 14 year old stuttgart kids told me that my funk music isn't funky enough.

i guess the kids werent funky enough. dont worry, that shit happens all the time.. kids asked me to play tehcno when i was playing strictly underground resistance and juan atkins for the last half hour. get with it.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

You fuck with the spanish MTN hardcore!

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

You fuck with the spanish MTN hardcore!

spanish blacks gold, "montana is like holdin three other shit brands in your hand"

They are awesome especially at $5, I only use them for stencils and t-shirts. I know they would have to work wonders in graf.

Ever use Alien? I wanted them for their glow in the dark shitt.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    i cannot wait to get out of the office.
    got this on the headphones while running access queries:

hatt away. i don't think it's their best album, either.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Lamont Dozier-Black Bach is on the 1210 right now.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I'm watching the Yanks/Tribe with the sound down and listening to this:

... really just waiting for the Sox to start and tonight is also
    the first game of another long, torturous Boston Bruins season ...

I better hear the sound of my bat going 3 for 3 in my softball game tonight after going "0fer" last week.

Then I'll hear the sound of beer cans poppin' and trees burnin'.

And on the drive home I'll be blasting Steve Parks whether we win or lose.

I went 3 for 3 (2 singles and a double) but we lost 11-8

Popped plenty of beers....and Steve Parks sounded great.

Now I'm burnin' one down.

Typical Friday Night.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I'm chillin' after a loooooooong day. I participated in this all day (9AM-5PM) "Faculty Forum" with the Center for Race-Ethnicity where I presented some of my research, as did other scholars working on racial-ethnic research. Now, I'm listenin' to some of my own beats ("G-Womack 1" on some grown folks shit) and sippin' on one of these:

chased with:

And, oh yes, I'm chillin'

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• I made 2 shows today, and we got an email from the Tampa Bay Bucs asking how we made our internet show, and how they can pull it off themselves.

Tonight, the sounds were veggies sizzlin', red wine pouring, baseball on MUTE, and Stereolab- Dots and Loops.

A perfect evening...

(if only the Sox can finish this with a couple runs, por favor.)

And, oh yes, I'm chillin'

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Ever have an experience with a liquor that left you unable to drink it ever again?

Back in my bartending days Grand Marnier was the drink of choice of the bartending staff at the club I worked in.

I probably went through 2 bottles a week.

I grew to hate it's smell and it's sweetness.

Can't imagine I'll ever drink it again

ok, now im at home, its 9:50, im in for the night - sittin here listening to a 45 of black ivory's "i keep asking you questions" (flip of "don't turn around")