18 Things I've Learned from SoulStrut

djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
18 - that i was a little off the mark on what a hipster is - only a little17 - people who are seemingly into the same thing can have very different opinions about it. 16 - terds are uninteresting "tepid" records15 - stories about the biz are endlessly amusing and....14 - there is an entire subculture of people wanting proof that "take me to the mardi gras" was pressed on 12 inch single sans the bells in the beginning drum break13 - "good looking out" changed to "good look" and now has morphed into "not a good look"12 - boscoe - though still not sure what this is. some kind of chocolate drink, maybe?11 - owning sergio mendez and new brasil 77 (soccer outfits cover) is worth enough to put you through college (and buy your folks a nice gift)10 - it's cool to invert Es and As in words like "break" 9 - grown men can call people "douchetards" and apperently feel good about it8 - people actually like the rap music i can't stand (though its made me open my mind up more to hear why)7 - hate, while a very, very big mistake, is actually spelled with 2 Ts and no E - i'm interested inknowing where all this mispelling generated from6 - its cool to collect those rap records that no one liked when they originally dropped. hence their rarity, i suppose5 - you can have a job operating a million dollar CNC machine and somehow budget $2000 a month for records (knowing this i should have kept the job i had in 92) - question, if one spends $2000 a month on records, where the hell are these records kept? or is this person only buying the most expensive records that can be found? and if thats the case, how pretentious. thats a lot of money to spend on sound. but hey, if i could afford grossly expensive sounds, i would probably buy them too. i just wouldn't consider myself a big man for it4 - there are actually interesting and intelligent people on the internet who have compelling views on the world today as well as music, art, humor, fashion, politics, beer, wine and jessica alba. and boobies3 - cats sure do like some ugly shoes2 - rattling off a series of explitives a 12 year old boy might use and find funny and aiming them at someone you don't know for some minor breach of etiquette or misunderstanding really makes a one look like a complete jackass1 - hirsute or not, (or hirstute as its been known) amy winehouse isn't as great as i originally had thought, but damn i still love her second albumstill thanks soul strut!

Comments

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

3 - cats sure do like some ugly shoes

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

cats

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

hahah! i'll see your cat monorail and raise you a smoking pig shredding on a flying v

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    you kinda needed to be here over the years to fully understand any and all misspellings. I'm sure someone will braek them down, hahaha, get it?

• Options

I rode one of those from the Bronx to Midtown back in '94 after popping a liquid-dropped sugarcube.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    What in the hell is with all these "cat" (and "bacon", as well) jokes/pictures on every message board and website I go to? I feel disconnected.

• cascas 1,484 Posts

I rode one of those from the Bronx to Midtown back in '94 after popping a liquid-dropped sugarcube.

i hope you boarded from the side and not the rear.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    What in the hell is with all these "cat" (and "bacon", as well) jokes/pictures on every message board and website I go to? I feel disconnected.

The cat thing comes from LOLcats.

As for bacon...well, bacon is fucking great.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

The cat thing comes from LOLcats.

As for bacon...well, bacon is fucking great.

and also from Icanhascheezburger

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Matter how much Black music they are up on the are on up(), Whites Still don't have a clue.

there's white folk on soul strut?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    1. There's a lot of goatee wearing mofos who look alike up in here. Check my DJ Day impression. I'm getting a photo with him at Night Owl, separated at birth style.

2. Backpackers get the bozak from former backpackers

3. There's a lot of good fucking music out there, most of which I knew nothing about. Thanks for enlightening a brother.

4. New Jersey thrifts sell ungodly heat. K Frimpong boing! (Dakar related)

5. All threads will eventually lead to a discussion of racism.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

"Discussion" implies that it's civilized.

"A furious display of justified and unjustified asshurtedness" is closer to the truth, no?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

15 - stories about the biz are endlessly amusing and....
    14 - there is an entire subculture of people wanting proof that "take me to the mardi gras" was pressed on 12 inch single sans the bells in the beginning drum break

I will be checking every version of this i see for the rest of my life because of this phenomenon, I need to know goddammit

12 - boscoe - though still not sure what this is. some kind of chocolate drink, maybe?

luckily it will be available for your reissue purchasing soon, all will be revealed.....

11 - owning sergio mendez and new brasil 77 (soccer outfits cover) is worth enough to put you through college (and buy your folks a nice gift)

Done, my parents enjoy their yacht!!

7 - hate, while a very, very big mistake, is actually spelled with 2 Ts and no E - i'm interested inknowing where all this mispelling generated from

I actually teach a kid with the last name Hatt, cracks me up when I see him because of this reason.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

"A furious display of justified and unjustified asshurtedness" is closer to the truth, no?

If you're not asshurt, you have NO RIGHT commenting on those of the asshurt predisposition. And it doesn't matter how many Cds you have of whining, asshurt musicians, this still does not qualify you to speak on behalf of the asshurt brethren.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

If you're not asshurt, you have NO RIGHT commenting on those of the asshurt predisposition. And it doesn't matter how many Cds you have of whining, asshurt musicians, this still does not qualify you to speak on behalf of the asshurt brethren.

• 9 - grown men can call people "douchetards" and apperently feel good about it

douchetard is the single greatest new word created in the 21st century (at least it first documented use was in this century) it says SO much with only two syllables, it really paints a picture...I am currently on a campaign with Merriam Webster, the good people at Oxford and the Funk & Wagnal alliance.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    I have got some new words made up but await the right time to drop them. One was prompted by that Ms. Damn/Edith t-shirt of C7's "Dolphin" piece. But the word took too long to mature and now the moment is gone.

Those long Winter nights just fly by...